• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my new fox air green trousers today for the first time. Will try and post a fit pic later, but I definitely like them.

Also, fun fact...it was only 10 minutes into the day at the office before someone asked me if I forgot my belt. :sarcasm:
Looking forward to pics.

Did you ask them if they forgot their waist measurement?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All Spier- linen/wool, linen/cotton, fresco:
0D7B5EB3-25D0-48ED-9185-69052AB8E087.jpeg

those textures tho:
3F5D0E3D-DBC6-4AF2-8201-3985C872268F.jpeg

I love these shirts, but if I had one thing to nitpick, its that the cuffs are SO. DAMN. NARROW. I could maaaaaaybe get a true dress watch under there (something like a Cartier tank or JLC MUT), but I'm wearing a Seamaster today and have to wear that cuff unbuttoned.

Edit: yeah, not a chance-
C45E6E54-64DF-44B2-B270-03AC6624ED44.jpeg

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love these shirts, but if I had one thing to nitpick, its that the cuffs are SO. DAMN. NARROW. I could maaaaaaybe get a true dress watch under there (something like a Cartier tank or JLC MUT), but I'm wearing a Seamaster today and have to wear that cuff unbuttoned.
Over the cuff
GettyImages-50437662-Patek.jpg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1608519

those textures tho:
View attachment 1608520

View attachment 1608534

I feel like the cuff has always been a problem and the button is always at the edge of the cuff so you cannot reposition it unless you want to go narrower. I wear most of my S&M shirts with the cuff unbottoned because of this as there is an army of supporters that the whole cuff situation is fine as is.

marchello

Reaction score
You can, and I do. But, be prepared for pocket flare or folds in the crotch or on the side seams. Flaws are inevitable unless you go MTO/MTM. I’ve learned to accept the imperfections, as it suits my financial capabilities.

Out of curiosity, where does your tailor end up taking in the waist? At the back or on the sides? I am asking because my tailor keeps insisting to take in the fabric at the sides, roughly where the side adjusters are.

conak

Reaction score
I feel like the cuff has always been a problem and the button is always at the edge of the cuff so you cannot reposition it unless you want to go narrower. I wear most of my S&M shirts with the cuff unbottoned because of this as there is an army of supporters that the whole cuff situation is fine as is.

The cuffs are perfect, people just don't like wearing dress watches anymore.

c0de

Reaction score
View attachment 1608519

those textures tho:
View attachment 1608520

View attachment 1608534

Move the button a little bit if you have space, 1/4" goes a long way

MrFingers

Reaction score
View attachment 1608519

those textures tho:
View attachment 1608520

View attachment 1608534
How’s the breathability of the Fresco trousers vs the linen top and jacket? Want some for work this summer.
Also yeah, maybe a JLC UTM would work best

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cuffs are perfect, people just don't like wearing dress watches anymore.

It's even the casual shirts too. I have OCBDs from multiple years and cannot wear a watch underneath and I have tried multiple watches. The argument still stands, you can keep the cuff circumference the same, just move the button in, I know I know it adds fabric to the sleeve, so people can adjust the sleeve as needed.

It is such a small adjustment I doubt many would even notice...

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How’s the breathability of the Fresco trousers vs the linen top and jacket? Want some for work this summer.
Also yeah, maybe a JLC UTM would work best

Both are breathable (though I work in an air conditioned office, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt). I have something like 6-8 pairs of the S&M Fresco pants that I wear as my "staple" dress pants almost year round, then a few pairs of flannel and covert for the few months of actual cold weather.

the jacket is 65/35 linen/wool and very unstructured, so while it's breathable, its the weight (or lack thereof) that makes it seem to wear cool. I'm a big fan of it.

conak

Reaction score
It's even the casual shirts too. I have OCBDs from multiple years and cannot wear a watch underneath and I have tried multiple watches. The argument still stands, you can keep the cuff circumference the same, just move the button in, I know I know it adds fabric to the sleeve, so people can adjust the sleeve as needed.

It is such a small adjustment I doubt many would even notice...

Fair point about the casual shirts, but the sleeves go over my dress watch just fine. Divers don't stand a chance.

rc121

Reaction score
There are 2 popovers listed on the site, one "Navy Popover" and one "Navy - Linen Popover". They seem to be exactly the same with both being 100% Irish linen, but one is $55 and one is $49. What gives? In the pictures, one might be a little darker. Are they different linen?

MrFingers

Reaction score
Both are breathable (though I work in an air conditioned office, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt). I have something like 6-8 pairs of the S&M Fresco pants that I wear as my "staple" dress pants almost year round, then a few pairs of flannel and covert for the few months of actual cold weather.

the jacket is 65/35 linen/wool and very unstructured, so while it's breathable, its the weight (or lack thereof) that makes it seem to wear cool. I'm a big fan of it.
Good thought. Apparently my office is freezing all the time (dunno, never been). So I was curious what would be good trousers to have for the 8 months of heat we get. Some cool flannel patterns would be great for nov-april when it’s actually cold! I have the herringbone tan linen jacket they dropped a month or so ago, kinda looks like yours not sure if it is.
And that new linen white sport coat they teased yesterday looks so so good

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads