• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

apd90700

Reaction score
TBH summer is humid and hot here, so it's shorts weather with sockless or no show socks and loafers/Crown Northampton sneakers -- if I'm going to be outside peregrinating. For indoors business casual it's sheer fabric trousers and a golf polo that breathes well.

Tell you what, get yourself a golf polo and have it fitted ultra slim through the waist by a tailor and if you have the shape for it, makes you look like farking superman.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious,what is the advantage of a pleated waist curtain? Some of my trousers have those and I just makes them harder to iron lol.

A little more flex at the hip seams, a little more movement. It's a tiny vent that can open/close with movement. That's the idea anyways.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
I wish I could say the same. 95 means sweaty misery, even if I am just wearing swim trunks.

The flip side is that I can wear fresco wool and other light stuff all winter long without being cold.

95 F is like what, 35 C? I'm not spending more than 5 minutes anywhere that isn't AC in 35 C, let alone considering wearing a jacket :rotflmao:

Fancy Pants

Reaction score
Anyone try the British khaki high waisted trousers? I’m getting mine tomorrow and courious if anyone has them and how they feel about it
I got a pair of the Quest Cotton British Khaki and the fabric and construction is fantastic.
Unfortunately for me they just don't look quite right on my frame. I have what was once considered an athletic frame - larger upper body, butt, and thighs - although not as athletic after quarantine. The pleats and high rise just look a little to billowy on me and aren't flattering. I've tried them on for three days straight trying to convince myself otherwise. I don't think the fabric and color are helping in my particular case either.
But the trousers themselves are fabulous... I guess I'll keep trying because I love the look.

pickergc

Reaction score
Does linen even cut it really? I mean if it's 95 and humid out, I don't think it matters what you're wearing.
When judging against other fabrics, linen is by far the best choice.

But to your point, when it is super hot and humid, it doesn't matter what you wear you're going to be hot. Which is why I think it's liberating. You're going to be hot regardless, I'd rather wear linen trousers and a linen shirt than look like an off-duty fisherman. (harmless rib to my PFG boys out there)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got a pair of the Quest Cotton British Khaki and the fabric and construction is fantastic.
Unfortunately for me they just don't look quite right on my frame. I have what was once considered an athletic frame - larger upper body, butt, and thighs - although not as athletic after quarantine. The pleats and high rise just look a little to billowy on me and aren't flattering. I've tried them on for three days straight trying to convince myself otherwise. I don't think the fabric and color are helping in my particular case either.
But the trousers themselves are fabulous... I guess I'll keep trying because I love the look.

Trim the seat at the hip by 1" and taper the legs more. This will probably give you the look you're after. Have it pinned first so you can see the silhouette.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When judging against other fabrics, linen is by far the best choice.

But to your point, when it is super hot and humid, it doesn't matter what you wear you're going to be hot. Which is why I think it's liberating. You're going to be hot regardless, I'd rather wear linen trousers and a linen shirt than look like an off-duty fisherman. (harmless rib to my PFG boys out there)

#PFGgang :slayer:

During the summer though, if I'm not at the office, I'm on or around water as much as I can be- PFG shirts and Patagucci Baggies are pretty much a staple for me.

Also Reyn Spooner shirts. Lots and lots and lots of Reyn Spooner.

JayDee90

Reaction score
I too would like to keep my pair because the fabric is awesome but even when sizing up I still feel like the pattern is note quite a match for me and in cotton, it isn't as forgiving as in wool. For me, feels tight in the seat (rise) and in the front panel (thighs). Will have to try them on another (3rd) time to convince myself I am not going crazy. Perhaps this is something I can tinker with in MTO or MTM going forward.

Fancy Pants

Reaction score
I too would like to keep my pair because the fabric is awesome but even when sizing up I still feel like the pattern is note quite a match for me and in cotton, it isn't as forgiving as in wool. For me, feels tight in the seat (rise) and in the front panel (thighs). Will have to try them on another (3rd) time to convince myself I am not going crazy. Perhaps this is something I can tinker with in MTO or MTM going forward.
Yes all that. I'm glad you posted that because I thought about moving up to a 38 and taking in the waist (I'm a 36), but sounds like it still might not work.
Appreciate the suggestions from Rick but I think my problems might be the opposite .
I think part of it is that if your shoulders are bigger and your frame is wider all the way down it just doesn't create that nice tapper to the high waist and drape below.
Not a bad thing, but a reminder for me that having classic style requires also knowing what works for you and what doesn't - no matter how cool it looks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads