• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green B/S/T official thread.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Life choices come with exciting possibilities but also the need to make some tough decisions. I realize, given all that is going on around us, selling high-end shoes won’t register as tough with some, but dang, I love fine footwear.

It is with that preamble that I am pre-eBay posting 2 really special pieces. The Aldens are my LeatherSoul Anniversary Cigar Wings. These boots are on the Plaza last and sized 8.5D. They are an absolute amazing shade of Cigar and it is unlikely they will ever be replicated. I purchased these NIB for $1,500 from another SF member and they have, at most, 5 wears. Offered here at a pre-eBay price of $900. They are flanked by my Ravello Cap’s and Cigar Splits in the family shot to show just how unique the shape is on these beauties.

View attachment 2134373 View attachment 2134375 View attachment 2134371

For those with champagne tastes, I am also moving my Cognac Shell & Snuff Suede EG Galway’s. I’ll let EG speak for these but I am the original owner and they have at most 2 wears. I can only recall one. Offered here at a pre-eBay price of $1,500. These are UK 8.5E. For reference, I am a 9D US.

View attachment 2134377 View attachment 2134379 View attachment 2134381

Both come with manufacturer boxes and bags. Both prices are net to me but include domestic shipping. Will split international shipping costs.

Serious inquiries reach out for additional pic’s if needed. Curiosity seekers/unserious people, please wait for eBay listing.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling my unlined snuff suede Dovers. Asking 850$ shipped in the USA. Only worn a handful of times, no flaws or stains. Comes with all the stuff, bags, liner, box ect. 9.5E UK 606 last.
IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpeg

-DL

acconrad

Reaction score

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like those soles? How much traction do they have compared to something like Dainite or Commando?

These are the best available in my opinion. The commando will give you more traction in the snow, but these are soft unlike the Dainite which are essentially useless. So they grip better on wet surfaces. FWIW, when I get my EG's resoled, I will be getting these on everything.

-DL

acconrad

Reaction score
These are the best available in my opinion. The commando will give you more traction in the snow, but these are soft unlike the Dainite which are essentially useless. So they grip better on wet surfaces. FWIW, when I get my EG's resoled, I will be getting these on everything.

-DL
What are these soles called? Thanks for the info!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-DL

I have the R1 soles on two of my EG’s (with a 3rd in flight) and I would concur with this. R1’s are the best.

acconrad

Reaction score
I have the R1 soles on two of my EG’s (with a 3rd in flight) and I would concur with this. R1’s are the best.
Thanks. I bought a pair of Vass chukkas with a leather sole and immediately regretted it and realized just selling them and getting some EG chukkas with R1s would be cheaper than trying to resole these shoes with R1s. Super helpful, thank you both!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I bought a pair of Vass chukkas with a leather sole and immediately regretted it and realized just selling them and getting some EG chukkas with R1s would be cheaper than trying to resole these shoes with R1s. Super helpful, thank you both!
Here's another vote for the R1/R2 sole. It's comfortable and hard wearing at the same time.

Henry S

Reaction score
I have to disagree on that. I prefer a leather sole over the R1. I find it much more comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads