• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Devis4u

Reaction score
Hey everbody, quick question. Currently taking a look at getting a linen field/safari since I love my charcoal herringbone wool one I bought previously. Previously I was looking for a very light khaki/oatmeal safari (much like what yeossal used to offer). Would you guys consider the natural linen field jacket on offer currently to be of the same formality/versatility as a light khaki? Followup: Thoughts on the cream linen vs natural linen on offer right now? Thanks!

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score
Checked. These are actually oldies from 2019 that we dug up. The chart is correct. They are sized to the regular shirt chart. So 1" less than this years. Thought the waist is a slight bit bigger, but the chest is to spec.
How do we know which popovers have which sizing? I've got 2 already that are from (I believe) the first season you did popovers, olive linen and I think blue Bengal stripe. I'm leaning towards the navy linen and blue chambray so would love to confirm sizing if the charts aren't accurate.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
I'll do you one better. How does GOTS certified, handmade in Northern Italy by retired monks, banana hammock sound? Every stitch by hand. Only the best for the boys!

Right on. From the boardroom to the bedroom, brother. But only if it's 100% sustainable cashmere. Or Fox Heritage flannel. Flannel was the original underwear, after all. We have standards.

Will there be an MTO option for those of us with unusual drops? Asking for a friend who is a 46R contemporary up top but 3.6" extra slim downtown....

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the posture and shoulder slope options compare to Proper Cloth in the custom shirt section?

Also, is it normal that there are so few fabrics to choose from?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do we know which popovers have which sizing? I've got 2 already that are from (I believe) the first season you did popovers, olive linen and I think blue Bengal stripe. I'm leaning towards the navy linen and blue chambray so would love to confirm sizing if the charts aren't accurate.

size charts are accurate. That's what I was expressing when I said "The chart is correct". The popovers that were oversized are not available anymore.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will sportshorts ever be offered in various sleeve lengths again?

Not until we become HUGE and can move through the required volume of shirts to justify various sleeves. Sportshirts are generally limited/seasonal fabrics and we cut a lot less of them.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do the posture and shoulder slope options compare to Proper Cloth in the custom shirt section?

Compare in what way? The amount of the adjustment is listed beside the selection.

There is an issue with the auto-load. Tech team is working on it.

_dm_so_

Reaction score

I think something's wrong with the website.
It shows only a small number of fabrics and doesn't allow to scroll down.
If to filter them, same number will be shown, but of different fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads