• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nvm.

Last edited:

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
I'll do you one better. How does GOTS certified, handmade in Northern Italy by retired monks, banana hammock sound? Every stitch by hand. Only the best for the boys!
Right on. From the boardroom to the bedroom, brother. But only if it's 100% sustainable cashmere. Or Fox Heritage flannel. Flannel was the original underwear, after all. We have standards.

Will there be an MTO option for those of us with unusual drops? Asking for a friend who is a 46R contemporary up top but 3.6" extra slim downtown....

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the posture and shoulder slope options compare to Proper Cloth in the custom shirt section?

Also, is it normal that there are so few fabrics to choose from?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do we know which popovers have which sizing? I've got 2 already that are from (I believe) the first season you did popovers, olive linen and I think blue Bengal stripe. I'm leaning towards the navy linen and blue chambray so would love to confirm sizing if the charts aren't accurate.
size charts are accurate. That's what I was expressing when I said "The chart is correct". The popovers that were oversized are not available anymore.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will sportshorts ever be offered in various sleeve lengths again?
Not until we become HUGE and can move through the required volume of shirts to justify various sleeves. Sportshirts are generally limited/seasonal fabrics and we cut a lot less of them.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do the posture and shoulder slope options compare to Proper Cloth in the custom shirt section?

Compare in what way? The amount of the adjustment is listed beside the selection.

There is an issue with the auto-load. Tech team is working on it.

_dm_so_

Reaction score

I think something's wrong with the website.
It shows only a small number of fabrics and doesn't allow to scroll down.
If to filter them, same number will be shown, but of different fabrics.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can get all these. Scabal we don't work with so much. Way too expensive.
Are you saying we could choose whatever fabric we wish from the Holland & Sherry books?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are you saying we could choose whatever fabric we wish from the Holland & Sherry books?
Pretty much. You'll have to email in for a quote as the collections are too large to list everything online.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up two of the new linen overshirts (in cigar and green) for spring/summer casual layering. They are fantastic! I will get a lot of use from them.
They are medium, and the fit is spot on for me. I wear S&M 16 x 34 Contemporary shirts and 42 Contemporary fit sport coats for comparison.
Though the fit is great, I wonder about shrinkage with washing? Does anyone know if S&M’s linen is preshrunk?
I have S&M linen high rise trousers which I only dry clean. Should I just dry clean these overshirts to avoid shrinkage?

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
How about curating select fabrics for select pieces as you guys grow? I feel like SM has done a great job thus far introducing men to the world of fine fabrics and design.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just picked up two of the new linen overshirts (in cigar and green) for spring/summer casual layering. They are fantastic! I will get a lot of use from them.
They are medium, and the fit is spot on for me. I wear S&M 16 x 34 Contemporary shirts and 42 Contemporary fit sport coats for comparison.
Though the fit is great, I wonder about shrinkage with washing? Does anyone know if S&M’s linen is preshrunk?
I have S&M linen high rise trousers which I only dry clean. Should I just dry clean these overshirts to avoid shrinkage?
They are garment washed. So cold wash/hang dry, you shouldn't see much shrinkage.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How about curating select fabrics for select pieces as you guys grow? I feel like SM has done a great job thus far introducing men to the world of fine fabrics and design.
We have to get permission from the Mills and get the mills to provide high-res pics. Not all are willing to do so.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy