• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 57 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question. Honestly, I forget what we did last year. I know for popovers, we add 1" to the torso measurements. I know one season, the factory added 1" to the HALF, which ended up being 2" total. Can't remember if that was last year or the year before.....I'll have to check.
mid you wouldn’t mind following up on this, I have one of each color sitting in my cart

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
mid you wouldn’t mind following up on this, I have one of each color sitting in my cart
I can tomorrow. I'm not in the office and answering from my phone......;)

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I promise, my last plug for M&E, but I do love their fabrics. I think they'd be great for MTO outerwear. Natural collection has some decent heft to it at 720g, and is rather soft for tweed. My Zanieri herringbone polo coat is great, but relatively lighter and more scratchy too.

In my head, MTO outerwear buyers would like fabrics like these.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Are you happy with how this fit turned out? I haven’t been able to bring myself to wearing fatigues with a sport coat yet (much less with a tie). I think I love your fit but it’s still a little jarring to my eye.
Yeah, to me this is a pretty classic combo, particularly in Japanese Ivy style. I follow this guy who I think does this approach very well:

sid11111

Reaction score
Just curious about the shorts; is anyone really particular to the point that it makes a difference whether there are 2 fits to choose from?

Last edited:

buddyfuzz

Reaction score
To those who have tried the linen field jackets -
From looking at the size charts, if I wanted to wear the field jackets as a casual sport coat substitute (so with only a shirt beneath), I should size down to achieve a more sport coat-like fit? Eg. if I am a 38 in the SC, I should get the field jacket in a 36?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever considered suit fabrics in charcoal/brown and dove grey @spiermackay? If not RTW/OTR, maybe through MTO? I'd definitely be in for both.

Dove grey (@Alan Bee)

Charcoal/brown

Imperatores

Reaction score
To those who have tried the linen field jackets -
From looking at the size charts, if I wanted to wear the field jackets as a casual sport coat substitute (so with only a shirt beneath), I should size down to achieve a more sport coat-like fit? Eg. if I am a 38 in the SC, I should get the field jacket in a 36?
Yes, that is what I did. I wear 38 sportcoats and suits, but took a 36 linen field jacket. Very comfortable fit with a bit more room through the chest and waist than a SC, but not so much that it looks too slouchy. The drawstring adds a lot of shape. Depending on your height it might not entirely cover your behind, though.

There's actually plenty of room for more than just a shirt underneath, in my case. I could wear a cable knit turtleneck under it if I wanted to (and it made any sense to).

buddyfuzz

Reaction score
Yes, that is what I did. I wear 38 sportcoats and suits, but took a 36 linen field jacket. Very comfortable fit with a bit more room through the chest and waist than a SC, but not so much that it looks too slouchy. The drawstring adds a lot of shape. Depending on your height it might not entirely cover your behind, though.

There's actually plenty of room for more than just a shirt underneath, in my case. I could wear a cable knit turtleneck under it if I wanted to (and it made any sense to).
Thank you so much for the input. Mind if I ask which colour you went for?

Imperatores

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the input. Mind if I ask which colour you went for?
Sure, I initially went for the navy and the natural linen, but returned the natural linen as it had some off spec measurements (way too low armholes). I'm very pleased with the navy, though. I would've gotten the moss green as well if it didn't sell out so quickly. If you want to wear it slightly more dressed up I'd say the navy is the obvious choice.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I promise, my last plug for M&E, but I do love their fabrics. I think they'd be great for MTO outerwear. Natural collection has some decent heft to it at 720g, and is rather soft for tweed. My Zanieri herringbone polo coat is great, but relatively lighter and more scratchy too.

In my head, MTO outerwear buyers would like fabrics like these.
Love this fabric, and the length of the coat!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.