• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
VBC Flannel suit from last year .
B06180AB-5B18-42D8-86BE-FF94C898A7B3.jpeg

nevaeh

Reaction score
My S&M custom shirt says do not iron while wet. Does this mean that I should only iron dry or is a damp shirt fine?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My S&M custom shirt says do not iron while wet. Does this mean that I should only iron dry or is a damp shirt fine?
Unless you need the shirt tomorrow AM, just wait until it dries completely. My shirts only take 5 hours or so to dry completely right out of the wash. I am guessing using a hot iron on a damp shirt could cause shrinkage, unsure. Especially on a custom shirt, I would just wait.

SZNettles

Reaction score
Unless you need the shirt tomorrow AM, just wait until it dries completely. My shirts only take 5 hours or so to dry completely right out of the wash. I am guessing using a hot iron on a damp shirt could cause shrinkage, unsure. Especially on a custom shirt, I would just wait.
It’s better to iron shirts while damp actually. Not wet but having some water in the fabric.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find E.Thomas fabrics to drape the best on their body?

Not only do they look and feel amazing, but compared to other jackets, I don't even see weird ripples across my back due to my dropped shoulder or anywhere else.

The blend of fabrics really do seem like the best of all worlds for comfort, drape, wrinkle resistance, and breathability.

I think I've caught an expensive bug.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Just received the shepherd's check sportcoat. Observations... Quality: A-1. Fit: Amazing out the box, again confirming 38L contemporary is where it's at for me. Color: Surprised in a good way to see that's it's truly a gray and blue mix. Pics on the site seemed to indicate it would be more like a blue and white. I can see this pairing with the stone coverts in a very positive way. It is at home indeed with chunky knit ties and suede chukkas. Weight/hand: Sheesh! This jawn is kinda heavyweight. Wears almost like a blanket. Kind of has a flannel feel/hand. Will definitely keep me warm and we'll see how that works out with LA weather. Going forward will probably pay more attention to GSM, staying under 300 GSM for more year-round wear.

On another note, is it just me or is there something pretty alluring about SM's lapel treatment on FW-19 sportcoats? I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just looks really good. I'm talking non-Neo, but Neo is pretty dope as well. I'm aware they advertise that's it's 3.5 inches, but that doesn't seem to capture the totality of the lapel appeal. All this to say: 1. Props to SM, keep doing what y'all are doing; and/or 2. I likely have too much time on my hands.
I bought this yesterday. It shipped today. Im super excited for it

caschta

Reaction score

Not only do they look and feel amazing, but compared to other jackets, I don't even see weird ripples across my back due to my dropped shoulder or anywhere else.

The blend of fabrics really do seem like the best of all worlds for comfort, drape, wrinkle resistance, and breathability.

Can't vouch for e.thomas fabric offered by SM, but my e.thomas Sportcoats from suitsupply and my new cotton trouser have a very nice drape indeed. Love their fabrics!

Pepetito

Reaction score

No they fit me the worst. Always seem to run smaller than the others.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have that rust check E. Thomas jacket that’s now sold out. Wool-silk-linen. And yes—it drapes better than anything else I own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads