• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

emptym

Reaction score
So I am tempted by the Natural Linen or Light Brown Linen SC... I remember people saying that these fit small or different than the normal SC. Should you stick with normal chest size? How are 100% linen SC's compared to say a 50/50 wool linen blend?
Also, of the two colours, which would be more versatile?
I got the natural linen, mainly because of the lower price, but also because I liked the lighter color. I have a couple 40Ls in the Neapolitan cut and they fit almost perfectly to me out of the box (I just shortened the sleeves by about 1/2"). The natural linen one was about 3/4" longer in the body than the other two.

I actually decided to wash it and dry it, a couple times. The first time I dried it 10 mins on low, and it seemed to have shrunk about 1/2". But when it was fully dry and and after I ironed it, it went back to the same length. So I wet it again and dryed it completely on medium. I think that made it shrink by about 1/2". Surprisingly, there was no damage to the jacket anywhere else. It was rumpled (which I like) and soft, but it didn't seem that the canvasing or linings shrank at different rates as there was no twisting or puckering. It's at the tailor now for the sleeves to be shortened, but I'll try to take a pic when it comes back.

XxLogo

Reaction score
Just got my 14.5x33 Extra Slim Shirt. Fits great in the waist and sleeve, but definitely tight in the shoulders and back area for my liking. Will stick with Slim for now as it fits me better in those areas. I will need to try a linen in Extra Slim due to those being made typically bigger than the standard cotton in my experience

XxLogo

Reaction score
I got the natural linen, mainly because of the lower price, but also because I liked the lighter color. I have a couple 40Ls in the Neapolitan cut and they fit almost perfectly to me out of the box (I just shortened the sleeves by about 1/2"). The natural linen one was about 3/4" longer in the body than the other two.

I actually decided to wash it and dry it, a couple times. The first time I dried it 10 mins on low, and it seemed to have shrunk about 1/2". But when it was fully dry and and after I ironed it, it went back to the same length. So I wet it again and dryed it completely on medium. I think that made it shrink by about 1/2". Surprisingly, there was no damage to the jacket anywhere else. It was rumpled (which I like) and soft, but it didn't seem that the canvasing or linings shrank at different rates as there was no twisting or puckering. It's at the tailor now for the sleeves to be shortened, but I'll try to take a pic when it comes back.
Thanks for input, was also considering purchasing due to them being $199 CDN and that is a great price tbh. Although, don't know if I'd wash any jacket in the washing machine personally lol

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a polo coat fit to show those interested.

42R lovat moleskin jacket. Then the 44 burgundy polo coat on top.
FB4999AC-2AA3-44DA-98B2-902896D7DF26.jpeg

660646B7-1BDA-43B9-920D-74C911061D5E.jpeg

C78B9822-F9F7-4415-9A31-F086610793F2.jpeg

3A02D7EF-307D-43C2-AAC5-2DF8B11CAB95.jpeg

EEF520D6-2C85-47DC-BA6C-E2ED4FB7EC05.jpeg

5FFDF518-1D85-4B8C-A813-B277FD076ED6.jpeg

hpreston

Reaction score

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks OK from the front, but from the back it looks too small, center back pleat and lower skirt vent should be lying flat.

How does it fell when worn over the sport coat?
The coat was in a suit bag so the lower skirt was wrinkled up a bit so it’s not sitting super flat, but there is zero chance this is too small.

It’s plenty roomy inside for another layer.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well this has my attention, definitely curious to see the results.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who wears Epaulet Walt trousers comment on which size they take in S&M? Is contemporary or slim more similar in fit?

nevaeh

Reaction score
My S&M custom shirt says do not iron while wet. Does this mean that I should only iron dry or is a damp shirt fine?

XxLogo

Reaction score
My S&M custom shirt says do not iron while wet. Does this mean that I should only iron dry or is a damp shirt fine?
Unless you need the shirt tomorrow AM, just wait until it dries completely. My shirts only take 5 hours or so to dry completely right out of the wash. I am guessing using a hot iron on a damp shirt could cause shrinkage, unsure. Especially on a custom shirt, I would just wait.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's