• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yinzer

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the penny loafers? If so how high is the vamp on them?
Following, and also, how is sizing on these?
loafers.jpg

Vamp seemed normal to low to me. Here's a shot with the AE Strand (it seems to be common for comparison but if this isn't allowed let me know). I went Brannock size (D width feet) as recommended by Spier and there was some heel slip at first until the sole broke in.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, gents. Appreciate it.

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
Can anyone talk to me about the shoulder padding (or lack thereof) on the sportcoats?

I know that the sportcoats say that there is no padding in the shoulder. However, the SuitSupply Havana says the same thing but when I tried it on I felt something in the shoulders (perhaps that was the wadding/roping in the sleevehead, or canvassing in the shoulder?) and I thought that the Havana looked great on me.

In any event, if there is truly nothing in the S&M sportcoats' shoulders then I probably will pass, as I've tried on totally unconstructed uncanvassed unpadded jackets and I found them very much not flattering (I know the sportcoats are canvassed) - but if there is something in the shoulders then I'll pick a sportcoat up.

Thanks

ahtynes

Reaction score
Can anyone talk to me about the shoulder padding (or lack thereof) on the sportcoats?

I know that the sportcoats say that there is no padding in the shoulder. However, the SuitSupply Havana says the same thing but when I tried it on I felt something in the shoulders (perhaps that was the wadding/roping in the sleevehead, or canvassing in the shoulder?) and I thought that the Havana looked great on me.

In any event, if there is truly nothing in the S&M sportcoats' shoulders then I probably will pass, as I've tried on totally unconstructed uncanvassed unpadded jackets and I found them very much not flattering (I know the sportcoats are canvassed) - but if there is something in the shoulders then I'll pick a sportcoat up.

Thanks
There's canvas in the shoulder, it's not totally unstructured.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's