• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christmas came early this year. Almost a dozen SCs waiting to be unpacked ??
Unpacked. Majority Spier & Mackay with the occasional Corneliani, Belvest, Zegna, Kiton, Canali, Caruso and Suit Supply. Still missing space for a half dozen more though, plus the 3 incoming MTOs.
IMG_20200926_112206.jpg

Yinzer

Reaction score
Does anyone have irl pics of this green Drago hopsack?

I have this one dropped off for adjustments and can post photos when it's back. Initially took some bad quality try on photos but you can't distinguish the texture and the white and green threads, which doesn't do it justice.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unpacked. Majority Spier & Mackay with the occasional Corneliani, Belvest, Zegna, Kiton, Canali, Caruso and Suit Supply. Still missing space for a half dozen more though, plus the 3 incoming MTOs. View attachment 1465655

How have you organized? Alphabetically by first letter of fabric? Alphabetically by color? Autobiographical?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How have you organized? Alphabetically by first letter of fabric? Alphabetically by color? Autobiographical?
Haha, I haven't come to that part yet. I need to figure out how to make space for everything first. But probably primarily seasonally and secondly by colour.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like the mythical "Bleeding Madras" of old that no longer exists.

"Madras’ big moment came with a 1958 fiasco when a fabric exporter failed to explain to Brooks Brothers that the 10,000 yards of Madras they’d bought were going to fade. When consumers all over the country began angrily writing to Brooks Brothers complaining that their new jackets and trousers were fading and bleeding, the company summoned the exporter, Mr. Nair, to the United States to punish him.

But Nair deftly redirected their anger with an interview with Seventeen Magazine, in which he lauded the fading quality of this miracle fabric from India. Add some coverage by Esquire and Brooks Brothers had a huge phenomenon on their hands. Advertisers started praising the “marvelously muted” and “dustily well-bred” qualities of the Madras trousers and jackets. Before beat-up jeans were considered acceptable, a well-faded “Guaranteed to Bleed” Madras shirt conveyed a certain nonchalance that Ivy Leaguers loved. The reactive, unstable organic dyes that were nearly Madras’ downfall were eagerly accepted and Madras proved an enduring American classic.
"

I still find it fascinating how a 'flaw' of bleeding and fading was marketed and flipped into being a desirable trait, and it worked!
I thought it was a linen at first with the texture, but looking at the design and colours it makes sense that it is more than likely a madras. Although, with that sleeve, maybe it is a short sleeve madras? ?

jamie411

Reaction score
I thought it was a linen at first with the texture, but looking at the design and colours it makes sense that it is more than likely a madras. Although, with that sleeve, maybe it is a short sleeve madras? ?

No, pretty sure that’s a standard (Long sleeve) shirt cuff.

I’m definitely on board for more madras!

Any timeline on the shawl cardigans? I don’t remember if @spiermackay gave us one.

exfalso

Reaction score
Their OTR trousers have small tiny pleats. I haven't tried to order a pair of mto trousers from them. Hopefully, bigger pleats could be added if I put it in the comment?
Can't make the pleats deeper in MTO. I had asked before.

I agree it would be an improvement

I have been bothering Rick enough to know that it is only possible in MTM. Actually, my next MTM suit is the first one that will come with deeper trouser pleats.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, next week is the beginning of October... Let all the FW drops begin! lol

I want me some 5 pocket cords and chinos ?

JayDee90

Reaction score
I have been bothering Rick enough to know that it is only possible in MTM. Actually, my next MTM suit is the first one that will come with deeper trouser pleats.
Same here. Trying out double forward pleats on my MTM and specifically requested for deeper pleats. Weren't as deep as I would have wanted in the muslin fitting but will share once completed (hopefully end of month).

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*******, bought the dinner jacket, I hate myself.

COVID has led to me gaining like 15-20 lbs, so I need to get serious and shed this weight to actually wear this jacket haha. None of my SM stuff is fitting me right now.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*******, bought the dinner jacket, I hate myself.

COVID has led to me gaining like 15-20 lbs, so I need to get serious and shed this weight to actually wear this jacket haha. None of my SM stuff is fitting me right now.
I feel you. I'm sitting with +20 S&M SCs and 10 kg excess fat stopping me from wearing the former.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads