• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Someone talk to me about S&M shirts. Need a new regular now that Kamakura US is gone.
I have 4 shirts now, and I think S&M is the best value out there, even at full retail. The fact that they've been doing sales lately makes them an absurd value. I personally think the quality is better than Ledbury and probably as good as Kamakura. Fit is very slim even on the contemporary fit, but it's proportional. The thing that drives me nuts about Suit Supply's shirts is that they're weirdly proportioned. Too much fabric in the waist, but the upper arms are ridiculously slim. But S&M's fit the same all over. Now that I've nailed down my size, I won't be buying shirts from anyone else.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Reaction score
Good fit overall, nice river shell buttons, good finishing, good pattern matching, proper collar lengths and height, amazing price to quality ratio from their dress to their sport shirts.
I agree with all of this. Their button-down collar shirts... amazing roll. Really hard to beat.

araziza

Reaction score
Someone talk to me about S&M shirts. Need a new regular now that Kamakura US is gone.
Not much of a formal dresser myself, but I find S&M's button downs to be basically perfect for me. The contemporary fit in 15.5 fits me like a glove, and I find I wear them more often than not to work or any formal occasions that might pop up. The fabrics are nice, the shell buttons are a wonderful little touch and the price is fantastic (Especially if you live or work near the mississauga store and are open minded when it comes to color and pattern. Their in-store clearance deals can be bonkers.)
Their Polo shirts are also my go-to polo shirts, I love their fit and fabric, although I find the older polo shirts have a problem with the buttons coming undone.

tripreed

Reaction score
I have seven shirts, including one MTM, and believe that they are the best value out there. My two complaints would be 1. The infrequent restocks on "staple" shirts like OCBDs, especially if you are a common size, and 2. The time for delivery of MTM shirts. Perhaps the latter is more a reflection of my own issues with patience...

omgitswes

Reaction score
I have seven shirts, including one MTM, and believe that they are the best value out there. My two complaints would be 1. The infrequent restocks on "staple" shirts like OCBDs, especially if you are a common size, and 2. The time for delivery of MTM shirts. Perhaps the latter is more a reflection of my own issues with patience...
They don’t have any in my sleeve size so I only do the MTM now for dress shirts. I can live with the time it takes for shirts. Another forum favorite MTM website takes a lot longer.

I placed an order recently and someone from S&M noticed the measurements were drastically different from my previous shirt order and they reached out to me. Glad they did because it was an oversight on my part. Would have been unwearable if they didn’t. That type of customer service really solidifies them being my go to spot for anything menswear related.

XxLogo

Reaction score
I am thankful that they actually stock smaller sizes (14.5x33) and fit me so well OTR. I am eager to try the MTO in the future soon hopefully, or even commission my one suit collection in MTO rather than buy OTR lol

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's