• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ptfly

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the recent off white polos losing their ecru color? Worn once, washed with mild detergent once, line dried, and it basically lost all of the ecru color to the point where it is nearly just white now. I couldn’t even find it in my closet because the color matched my white ones so much. I also have an unworn off white with the different collar and there is a glaring difference between the two now.

Between the odd cut/sizing and this, these polos are a very strange batch this year.
Mine looks whiter too. More a soft white than ecru. I picked up 4. One poor polo accidentally found it's way to the dryer and will now fit a very short pudgy man who shops at goodwill. Amazing how much it shrank in the length.
Cotton knits are much more apt to shrink than wovens. The fabric can be washed before cutting to reduce shrinkage to an extra 2 or 3%. I like when the shrinkage is out of the fabric before cutting and sewing in knits.

Last edited:

ptfly

Reaction score
I believe Rick stated that they will be updating the fit for them next season, along with for the long sleeve polo's coming this FW. I think they made the chest a bit slimmer, along with it being longer. So if you wanted to try the new fit, you can always pick up a LS Polo.
One way of doing it is increase the spec. If you are looking at 10-12% shrinkage it is best to get the shrinkage out of the knit fabric prior to cutting. Other things happen (bad things) on a polo when it shrinks that much. Shrinkage is always more in the length so it is in a way differential shrinkage.
Fiber staple length, tightness of spinning, gauge, tightness of knitting, stich, finishing, and other things play a factor in knit shrinkage.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The unexpected benefit of these polos worn untucked is they no longer catch on my bum.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herringbone wool/linen Marling & Evans. This cloth is fantastic, not online yet as it's from the Spring collection so I am guessing Spier will add it online in the new year. Should be able to request it now if you wanted though.

Card 139 - SLAWIT/16772/A5

2020-09-18 12.46.32_edited.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christmas came early this year. Almost a dozen SCs waiting to be unpacked 😎🥳

Attachments

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
Long shot but anyone pick up a 44 Bottoli - Green Donegal Coat that they will be returning/don't want? I didn't think it would sell out so quickly.
I'm in the same boat. So wanted that one and now it is gone. I could probably get away with a 46 though.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't care. I'm buying it anyway. I'm gonna sit in my house wearing it and smoke a big fat cuban cigar and drink some 21 year scotch.
Tbh, I was only planning to get the oatmeal peacoat this fall, so this radical fucking thing came outta nowhere.

I love it. I'm gonna ponder this.

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
That's what I love about Rick...he keeps teasing with a bunch of stuff, does the pre-order thing, then BAM...out of nowhere...buy it now!. #thrillofthehunt

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami