• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the cotton and cotton/linen trousers, if cut the same as the other (wool) dress trousers, appear to have a narrower waist in the photos? I'm sure it's just down to how they are folded, but might it have something to do with them not being creased? I always wondered about this...

Edit: OK, upon closer inspection I can immediately see how the rear pocket on the cotton/cotton-linen trousers is the only part showing, vs the fact that part of the front of trouser appears in the other photo. I'm still curious why they are folded this way if they are all "dress" trousers and cut the same.

One is folded to preserve a crease and the other is not. You can have the same cut with or without a crease.

chatelet

Reaction score
@spiermackay I’m late to this (only just became cold in Sydney) but enjoying the V neck merino from last FW.

I find the neck hole and depth of the V is probably 30% too large. Sleeves also maybe an inch too short (and this is pre wash).

But otherwise the fit (including the torso and body length) plus colour and texture is very good.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fabric on the hoodies? Thick, thin, medium? It looks pretty hefty.
I would say it is a decent medium thickness for my navy hoody. The Terry fleece is very nice, good for those cooler days, or when it gets cooler in those summer nights. Definitely not paper thin like a t-shirt if that's what you want, but also not thick sweater either. It has to be my favourite hoody I've ever purchased

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say it is a decent medium thickness for my navy hoody. The Terry fleece is very nice, good for those cooler days, or when it gets cooler in those summer nights. Definitely not paper thin like a t-shirt if that's what you want, but also not thick sweater either. It has to be my favourite hoody I've ever purchased
Glad to hear it. I just bought a navy hoodie, sized up, hope it fits...oh and another pair of trousers.
Its a great time to be a Spier fan

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went 2 weeks without a shipping notification or any contact after my most recent order, got shipping notice yesterday, and then got it again 25 more times over the subsequent 24 hours. 26 shipping notifications. Someone a S&M is pranking me.
Go Ahead And Clean Out Your Closet, It's All New And It's On The Way!

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm was contemplating a purchase today but it seems the new website has erased my gift card credit from my account. I logged back into the old site and retrieved the code but it won’t let me redeem it on the new website. Bummer. Hotline is closed for the night.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Anyone get a shipping notification on the DB linen yet?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get a shipping notification on the DB linen yet?

Not on the linen (didn't order it), but I got an update on the green seersucker. I ordered it on April 27 and hadn't heard anything until yesterday I got a notification from UPS to expect delivery today (no shipping notification from Spier, and I didn't contact them about it). Only reason I got the notification from UPS is because I have a UPS MyChoice account.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No notification from S&M. UPS account shows an inbound from “DK International - ON CA”. I suspect this is my seersucker suit.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Thanks. Just set up UPS MyChoice in case Spier's email shipping notifications still aren't working right. Last thing I need is to not be around when it is delivered, have it stolen, and later see some toothless crank addicted jackass wearing my nice new linen double breasted jacket over his affliction tshirt :crackup:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads