• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Siepi

Reaction score
@spiermackay , I know you've mentioned that you're looking to expand into shorts and longs soon, so will we see those with the release of the new suits/sportcoats?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I liked the 3" lapels on the navy blazer I bought, but I'll gladly give that up in exchange for a lower button stance. (The current button stance doesn't look bad on me, but a little lower would be an improvement nonetheless.)

I believe the Navy Blazer you purchased was from our very first cut. We have made some substantial changes since that. Both in quality and fit. :) That was a good blazer for us and set us in the right direction!

variancelog

Reaction score
What size were you looking for? We do have a MTO program where you can order standard sizes not stocked, like 32, 34 short, 46 L, etc. This is 25% more but other options are available, like lapel style, pocket style, correct sleeve and jacket length, etc. and can be done via email, as we don't have to actually measure you.

SuSu Havana 34 and Club Monaco 36S fit me about the same. I think something between your 36 and 34 might work for me. Ideally, I need a few posture adjustments on the jacket, too -- I will send you an email about this to see if they would be possible.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The plan was to expand in to shorts/talls for the upcoming season. However the min. production qty to split our tiny company's order wasn't working out. Should be good to go for next fall/winter though.

SuSu Havana 34 and Club Monaco 36S fit me about the same. I think something between your 36 and 34 might work for me. Ideally, I need a few posture adjustments on the jacket, too -- I will send you an email about this to see if they would be possible.

Looking forward to your email.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is their tie. Not the best shirt but that was the only shirt I had that was clean at that time (re doing my shirt wardrobe with staples)

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay Ridiculous. I've barely worn my two Spier & Mackay suits and now I want the new ones. Keep up the great work, I agree with all of the changes and think the new model looks phenomenal!

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the new details I'll happily try an upcoming patterned/textured jacket of some sort. Excellent adjustments Rick!

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great news about the suit jacket changes! Will they be available in the fabrics currently online, or anything different?

roquesoon

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the new suit changes, especially as I very much need a new black suit (not SF-approved, I know, but I'm a musician and it's often required concert dress), and you are one of the few reasonably priced outfits that carries a well cut black suit.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great news about the suit jacket changes! Will they be available in the fabrics currently online, or anything different?

They changes will carry over to the core suits like the navy and grey. Most of what we are carrying now is seasonal. We have new fabrics rolling out for spring.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello Gents. Here is a preview of of some of the changes we are making to our suits.
We made the lapels a bit wider. These are 8.9 cm (3.5") Re-shaped the chest pocket, made it a tad longer and wider. Made the jacket a touch longer. (30" for the size 40 from BOC) Opened the Quarters more Lowered the button stance Re-shaped the shoulder caps to just skim the back of the shoulder for better movement and more streamlined look. made the flaps proportional to the lapels, so they are a tad wider as well. Something you can't see in the pic, the shoulder seams are now properly back leaning. Changed the collar to a single piece. More difficult to construct, but sits and moves better. (something even Suitsupply does not do) And finally, changing the buttons to a slightly thicker, higher quality Horn. We are really, really happy with how this turned out. Super excited!
Great changes overall. Shows that you are receptive to our suggestions....Now add a 3rd button so we have a 3 roll 2 :D

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great changes overall. Shows that you are receptive to our suggestions....Now add a 3rd button so we have a 3 roll 2
biggrin.gif

I personally like the 3 roll 2. We tried a couple of styles like that this season, and I couldn't believe how confused so many men were about this.
facepalm.gif

variancelog

Reaction score

I personally like the 3 roll 2. We tried a couple of styles like that this season, and I couldn't believe how confused so many men were about this. :facepalm:

It's easy to forget there's a reality outside of #menswear. But I'm reminded every time I wear a sport jacket and someone tells me, "Nice suit!"

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got around to snapping some simple pics of the details that can't be seen in the other photo.

Back Leaning Shoulder Seams: You can see the seam on line on the right "leaning" towards the back of the jacket instead of following the natural shoulder line. Advantage of this is two fold. One, this allows to reduce any excess cloth and volume at the back of the shoulder, leaving a more streamlined look. You can see this compared to the pic on the right. Second, the shoulder seams are virtually invisible when the suit is viewed from the front. A cleaner look.

One piece collar. Most makers use a two piece collar. It's easier to construct and results in cost savings. The pic up top is a one piece, which is what will be featured in the new cut. Harder to construct properly, but results in a softer, more comfortable collar than moves better and results in less gaping. The seam of the two piece results in stiffness along the seam line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads