• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay obviously well outside the purview of #menswear, but I'd love to see tank tops. Anything from plain colors to bolder designs/prints. No polyester or lycra bullshit, please.

I normally wear tank tops for my workouts, but the market for those seems to have totally vanished, and all that's left are those hideous Venice Beach wannabe that barely cover half a nipple.

Wishful thinking, but throwing it out there.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Another request I don’t think I’ve seen- a decent camel-hair sport coat. It’s a menswear staple and I don’t think I’ve seen one from y’all. Please, give me a reason to go donate my BB version.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another request I don’t think I’ve seen- a decent camel-hair sport coat. It’s a menswear staple and I don’t think I’ve seen one from y’all. Please, give me a reason to go donate my BB version.

We just bought baby camel hair for fall. We ran one a couple of years ago that sold VERY slowly, but since I personally like them, we're running it again. We have yet to cut it, so still deciding if we do it as a SB or DB, then we'll keep balance cloth for MTO.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just bought baby camel hair for fall. We ran one a couple of years ago that sold VERY slowly, but since I personally like them, we're running it again. We have yet to cut it, so still deciding if we do it as a SB or DB, then we'll keep balance cloth for MTO.
Neo, por favor. That would be extremely tough to pass up.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been tasked with getting white dress shirts for an upcoming wedding in late June. Does Spier have any lightweight shirts that won’t be transparent? I have a feeling that we’re going to be hot and the shirts will be transparent eventually, but I’m doing what the bride and groom asked me too.

Groom is wearing a bow tie, groomsmen are not, so I need a collar that will look ok with both.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pic taken in December, jacket is from a couple years ago:
5C1ADD55-72E2-4269-8F01-15150C58B83C.jpeg

Amazing fabric, but just a little short (this was before the regular cut was offered in 38L)

dangaa

Reaction score
pic taken in December, jacket is from a couple years ago:
View attachment 1612894

Amazing fabric, but just a little short (this was before the regular cut was offered in 38L)

Didn't you score this one when it was on clearance as well?

@spiermackay although the DB would be ? add me to the neo list. That being said are you able to share some of the changes coming to the fits for FW?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Amicale from FW 18 was sweet. I wear it a lot in season. But since you have already done a neo baby camel how about cutting this next one as a DB? I will be all over that

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't you score this one when it was on clearance as well?

@spiermackay although the DB would be ? add me to the neo list. That being said are you able to share some of the changes coming to the fits for FW?

Yeah, I want to say it was like 1/2 price? I had been going back and forth on it, but a stupid deal is a stupid deal lol

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This @spiermackay- I would probably sell my one from a couple years ago if it came in Neo. Are y'all using Amicale again?

Who am I kidding, I'd probably keep that one as a backup....

Yes. The Amicale baby camel is quite good and offers tremendous value, so sticking with them.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn’t you get the Serge as well? Curious in your thoughts between the two
Yup. I got the serge, and I tend to wear it more formally with a tie, dress shirt, and such. The di Fabio is way easier to pull off in casual contexts. I see myself returning to it often throughout the summer; it pairs so well with different trouser options and allows me to pull off the open collar casual look that can take me from WFH to HH. Let me know if you want more insights and I will DM you.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crap, I’ve been looking at that jacket since it came out, and I spent part of this afternoon looking at your pics from when you first got this and trying to convince myself that I don’t need it....
You need it, but you don't know you need it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8