• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh man...

True story. When I was in Vietnam a buddy and I took an R&R to Thailand. When went to a town outside Bangkok and hired a couple of pedicabs to take us around and show us the sites with numerous stops for LOTS of Singha. One of the places they took us was a small family farm where they raised alligators for hides. There were a half dozen pits surround by ,like 4ft cinder block walls seething with alligators. They fed them some chickens for our entertainment and being the drunken azzhole I was I decided to get up on the wall and take some pictures of the frenzy. I remember it like this. I was standing on the wall looking through the lens of my 35mm SLR. I was laying in the bottom of the pit. I was on the outside of the pit covered in gator st1t. The family that ran the farm and the two guide thought it was great fun and happily washed my clothes and brought us many Singhas while they dried out a bit

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This feels like fate-

"Authorities identified the men as Nathan Doody, 33, and Tyler Memory, 29, according to the New York Daily News."
That sentence made me check the URL to make sure this wasn’t The Onion…

When I was in the Philippines once, I saw a kid fall into a “septic tank”. Theirs was not at all a tank; it was more like a sh!t canal.

It was obviously a very traumatic and maybe life threatening moment of that kid’s life, but for us it was uproariously funny - like, you could only see the whites of his eyes underneath all the sh!t

brokencycle

Reaction score
It's mid-June, so that means sporadic fireworks every night for the next 4 weeks or so

That's because you live in real America. Here we get fireworks for Diwali in November, and Next Door lights up with people posting about how suburbia has turned into Fellujah.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1718619442580.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish traffic accidents records were easily kept/organized. Looks like its a weird spread of Highway patrol/local PD/DMV records, some of which are kept in different areas, some are public, some are just random.

Backstory - there's a corner near our place that has a serious accident probably once a month, but I can't find any tracking data on it

If you're in a major metropolitan area, check with your local/regional Council of Governments. The COGs are generally in charge of federal transportation funding in the MSAs and are usually a good centralized location for all sorts of transportation data including accident reports, ADT counts, employment/population/housing forecasts, etc.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sentence made me check the URL to make sure this wasn’t The Onion…

When I was in the Philippines once, I saw a kid fall into a “septic tank”. Theirs was not at all a tank; it was more like a sh!t canal.

It was obviously a very traumatic and maybe life threatening moment of that kid’s life, but for us it was uproariously funny - like, you could only see the whites of his eyes underneath all the sh!t

When I was in Egypt in the Marines we took a short Nile cruise one evening. The OOD on our Naval ship told all of us who were going on the cruise that if anybody fell into the river there was absolutely no way they'd let us back on the ship and we'd have to stay in Egypt on quarantine for a few weeks. None of us could tell if he was joking but nobody was about to test him.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alabaster7