• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a suggestion. For your Full Canvas line, you could consider change the style of the suit. For example, keeping the same fit, make it like this MTM that you made:

https://instagram.com/p/2QzLUqJmKT/?taken-by=spiermackay

Those lapels would look very nice on your full canvas suit.

That is pretty much what we are doing. Only debate we are having internally is to make it a soft 3 roll 2 or not. Gentlemen any suggestions?

Last edited:

pmestrad

Reaction score
I vote no on the 3-2 roll. I never liked the look of the extra button above that is never used. Just my opinion though

doodledoc

Reaction score
That is pretty much what we are doing. Only debate we are having internally is to make it a soft 3 roll 2 or not. Gentlemen any suggestions?

If all your full canvas suits are going to have lapels like that, I'll buy one of each (assuming that they fit me). I vote 3 roll 2.

Consider trying to emulate Sartorio Formosa:

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ed-tropical-wool-suit-9-10-oz-super-140s.html

That has a ridiculously awesome lapel roll, a big lapel similar to Eidos, but a lower button stance.

Last edited:

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is pretty much what we are doing. Only debate we are having internally is to make it a soft 3 roll 2 or not.  Gentlemen any suggestions?
Vote yes. What's the point of having hallmarks of a neapolitan suit and going halfway? The suits will have an identity crisis

3 roll 2 also helps the lapel roll. Remember we suggested these features last year

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOFT 3-2 roll, please!

I have one of your last fall's jackets which have a hard 3-2 roll (the kind where you see the top hole ON the fold). I like that style OK for sportscoats but a softer, gentler roll would be better on suits. I agree, the Formosa example is good. I have a Kent Wang suit with a very nice 3-2 roll and I love that shape.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is pretty much what we are doing. Only debate we are having internally is to make it a soft 3 roll 2 or not.  Gentlemen any suggestions?

I'm also a fan of the 3-roll-2. It's a distinguishing feature that's not obnoxious.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received the Full Canvas Sample today. This is only the first sample, but it came out pretty amazing.

You can see from this (terrible cell phone pic) the really great lapel roll. The canvas is really soft and supple. The jacket overall is very lightweight but still has a great feel.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Received the Full Canvas Sample today. This is only the first sample, but it came out pretty amazing.

You can see from this (terrible cell phone pic) the really great lapel roll. The canvas is really soft and supple. The jacket overall is very lightweight but still has a great feel.

Looks promising!!

Spex

Reaction score
I vote no on the 3-2 roll. I never liked the look of the extra button above that is never used. Just my opinion though

I don't have an issue with a 3 roll 2 itself, however on my blue sportcoat the position of the buttonhole on the lapel seems to slightly disturb the otherwise smooth like of the lapel roll. If the buttonhole can be placed in a way that it doesn't jut out in obvious way, then I think it's OK. I also wonder if a 3 roll 2 is more of a blazer/sportcoat thing rather than on a suit? I'm not sure.

02///M3

Reaction score
A little late here, but I vote yes on the soft 3-roll-2 as well. Agree with the comment above that you might as well go all the way with the Neopolitan style. Lower button stance sounds great as well. I'm really excited for these.

canadacelt

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

This is my first post at style forum. I visited your store a couple of times a few months ago and purchased 6 of your classic shirts(which you discontinued) and I've been really happy with them,in particular the collars and the cuffs.Anyway I've lost a little weight so I'll definitely be making an order for some contemporary shirts soon.

anyway, my question is about your suiting, you have some nice prices right now, I think your 46 will fit based on your measurements, however I'm wondering if there is any room/need to lengthen the sleeves a little as I'm usually between regular and tall size, I almost always have to adjust the tall to show a bit of shirt cuff?

Are you planning on stocking tall sizes soon? Also how much approx range wise are your m2m suits?

Thanks,and good luck with growing your business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads