SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That is pretty much what we are doing. Only debate we are having internally is to make it a soft 3 roll 2 or not. Gentlemen any suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015

2. pmestrad

pmestrad Senior member

I vote no on the 3-2 roll. I never liked the look of the extra button above that is never used. Just my opinion though

3. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

If all your full canvas suits are going to have lapels like that, I'll buy one of each (assuming that they fit me). I vote 3 roll 2.

Consider trying to emulate Sartorio Formosa:

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ed-tropical-wool-suit-9-10-oz-super-140s.html

That has a ridiculously awesome lapel roll, a big lapel similar to Eidos, but a lower button stance.

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

Vote yes. What's the point of having hallmarks of a neapolitan suit and going halfway? The suits will have an identity crisis

3 roll 2 also helps the lapel roll. Remember we suggested these features last year

5. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior member

SOFT 3-2 roll, please!

I have one of your last fall's jackets which have a hard 3-2 roll (the kind where you see the top hole ON the fold). I like that style OK for sportscoats but a softer, gentler roll would be better on suits. I agree, the Formosa example is good. I have a Kent Wang suit with a very nice 3-2 roll and I love that shape.

6. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

I'm also a fan of the 3-roll-2. It's a distinguishing feature that's not obnoxious.

7. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

8. Vasco

Vasco Well-Known Member

As long as the button stance is low enough, another vote for it too.

9. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Received the Full Canvas Sample today. This is only the first sample, but it came out pretty amazing.

You can see from this (terrible cell phone pic) the really great lapel roll. The canvas is really soft and supple. The jacket overall is very lightweight but still has a great feel.

[​IMG]

10. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Looks promising!!

11. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Senior member

Hey Rick, any update on the outerwear?

12. Spex

Spex Senior member

I don't have an issue with a 3 roll 2 itself, however on my blue sportcoat the position of the buttonhole on the lapel seems to slightly disturb the otherwise smooth like of the lapel roll. If the buttonhole can be placed in a way that it doesn't jut out in obvious way, then I think it's OK. I also wonder if a 3 roll 2 is more of a blazer/sportcoat thing rather than on a suit? I'm not sure.

13. kulata

kulata Senior member

It's a jacket thing (suits and sport coats) and can be found in American ivy, different italian regional cuts and some british cuts. Button placement should be carefully considered by spiermackay just like any other feature in the suit

14. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

A little late here, but I vote yes on the soft 3-roll-2 as well. Agree with the comment above that you might as well go all the way with the Neopolitan style. Lower button stance sounds great as well. I'm really excited for these.

15. canadacelt

canadacelt New Member

Hi Rick,

This is my first post at style forum. I visited your store a couple of times a few months ago and purchased 6 of your classic shirts(which you discontinued) and I've been really happy with them,in particular the collars and the cuffs.Anyway I've lost a little weight so I'll definitely be making an order for some contemporary shirts soon.

anyway, my question is about your suiting, you have some nice prices right now, I think your 46 will fit based on your measurements, however I'm wondering if there is any room/need to lengthen the sleeves a little as I'm usually between regular and tall size, I almost always have to adjust the tall to show a bit of shirt cuff?

Are you planning on stocking tall sizes soon? Also how much approx range wise are your m2m suits?

Thanks,and good luck with growing your business.