• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
@spiermackay , Rick, any ETA on when you're going to have those new fabrics up for MTM? I remember you saying something about having a proper denim type shirt in the upcoming week or so.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rick, any update on the outerwear?

We're only going to run outerwear as a custom option this season. We originally planned to have the downtown space by now and would make sense to have Outerwear for that shop.

Hi Rick,

This is my first post at style forum. I visited your store a couple of times a few months ago and purchased 6 of your classic shirts(which you discontinued) and I've been really happy with them,in particular the collars and the cuffs.Anyway I've lost a little weight so I'll definitely be making an order for some contemporary shirts soon.

anyway, my question is about your suiting, you have some nice prices right now, I think your 46 will fit based on your measurements, however I'm wondering if there is any room/need to lengthen the sleeves a little as I'm usually between regular and tall size, I almost always have to adjust the tall to show a bit of shirt cuff?

Are you planning on stocking tall sizes soon? Also how much approx range wise are your m2m suits?

Thanks,and good luck with growing your business.

We will be bringing back the Classic in a limited selection of core/basic designs this FW, but congrats on the weight loss.

We can lengthen the sleeves approx. 1" without any issue. A Tall, would be about 1" more anyways, so you are probably looking for about 1/2". Not an issue at all.

Tall sizes are under production in Navy and 2 shades of Gray. Set for release Mid/End October.

MTM Suits start at $595 for Half-Canvas 2 Piece and go up from there based on fabrics.

Thank you very much for your support!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay , Rick, any ETA on when you're going to have those new fabrics up for MTM? I remember you saying something about having a proper denim type shirt in the upcoming week or so.

They are being photographed right now. I expect them up by the weekend. Latest by Monday. The denim type is an indigo dyed chambray. That will be up as well.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up 4 shirts last week including the "Dress Light Blue Chambray". Nice sturdy crisp fabric. Great shade of blue, vibrant not pale at all.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just added some great new Full Spread Shirts. These shirts feature the adjusted button stance that was discussed earlier. The first button was moved up, so when the second button is done up (and the first button left open) it doesn't show too much chest. A great relaxed stance.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/newproducts.php

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a trio of slim 15.5s just now. This depleted stock in some colours already... Well, you snooze you lose, I guess, but man, Rick, I wish you had more shirts to last you more than a day... Was hoping to grab multiples in the same color but no luck. :brick:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Grabbed a trio of slim 15.5s just now. This depleted stock in some colours already... Well, you snooze you lose, I guess, but man, Rick, I wish you had more shirts to last you more than a day... Was hoping to grab multiples in the same color but no luck.
baldy[1].gif

We can only get our hands on so much fabric of a single design otherwise we're forced to order a Mill run, which can be upwards of 600 metres/colour/design. Way too much for us to handle. Currently, we can grab 60 - 100 metres/design from available stock from the Mills. Then this has to be cut across 2 fits and multiple sizes. For example, in 15.5 Slim, we generally cut 6 pieces/design at the moment. For us, we rather sell out and move on to the next thing rather than sit on a ton of inventory and wait for it to turn. Now we are getting a better grasp of the designs that sell more and sell quickly, we'll start stocking up on those in higher ratios. Always a learning curve.

Also, for those who haven't ventured into the store, we still do about 70% of our total business In-Store, and a lot is depleted in shop, especially in the slim fits.

linds_15

Reaction score
any update on the downtown location, not very many chances to get out to Mississauga

CMAc7

Reaction score
Rick,

Do you have any preview pics for the FW trousers/suits/sportcoats? I know you had mentioned they will be available next month-ish, so I was hoping we could get a sneak peek.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
any update on the downtown location, not very many chances to get out to Mississauga

March 2016 is the date that we have set. Next spring.

Rick,

Do you have any preview pics for the FW trousers/suits/sportcoats? I know you had mentioned they will be available next month-ish, so I was hoping we could get a sneak peek.

We are waiting for our samples to arrive. As soon as they do I can take some pics.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For example, in 15.5 Slim, we generally cut 6 pieces/design at the moment. For us, we rather sell out and move on to the next thing rather than sit on a ton of inventory and wait for it to turn. Now we are getting a better grasp of the designs that sell more and sell quickly, we'll start stocking up on those in higher ratios. Always a learning curve.

For sure, I guess I wish you had a permanent collection of staples so I can come back and get shirts as I need them. Hopefully your model will evolve in that direction. Logistically, it may actually be a little easier than having so many new styles constantly coming and going. That permanent collection could just a few staple colors in most popular fits and sizes, then you can go crazy with the rest :)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For sure, I guess I wish you had a permanent collection of staples so I can come back and get shirts as I need them. Hopefully your model will evolve in that direction. Logistically, it may actually be a little easier than having so many new styles constantly coming and going. That permanent collection could just a few staple colors in most popular fits and sizes, then you can go crazy with the rest
smile.gif

We are working on exactly that. We hope to keep the Core suits as a constant and not sell out so quickly. Likewise with staple shirts in whites, blues, etc. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When will the new and improved slim fit for the smaller sizes be in? As in our discussions

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed my first order. Great prices and easy-to-use website. Good customer service, as well. (I had a question about fit so called them on the phone.)

Purchased a shirt and a sportcoat. Not expecting a miracle on the sportcoat... but for only $99 it looks like a great value.

AHS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads