SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Is it really the case that you have no size 31 trousers, or is there a problem with your website search?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

Edit: dress trousers.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. aglose

aglose Senior member

Has anyone washed the polos? Mine fit great, but if they get any smaller they will be too small.

3. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I am interested in this too. The latest reiteration of fabrics was less than exciting. I have the grey and camel flannels and enjoy them. I would recommend a light gray twill and also a mid to dark brown twill as well.

Twill, as in not birdseye, not nailead, not herringbone, not sharkskin, as those are suiting fabrics and not great for odd slacks.

4. pmestrad

pmestrad Senior member

Can anyone compare the fit of the S&M dress trousers in both the contemporary and slim fit to pant sizes in lands end tailored, suit supply, or BR pants?

5. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I used to have a bunch of BR "Tailor fit" trousers, which I used to think were the best thing since sliced bread. I realized that even BR's tailored fit is quite boxy and doesn't really flatter my frame. I own a Suit Supply Hudson suit, and it's pants are fuller than the Contemporary fit of S&M, maybe because I am a 42R with a 8ish inch drop. S&M's Contemporary fits me the best, and I think it gives a nice fit while still remaining compatible with classic tastes. I can't speak for their slim fit, but I think for me, at least, it would be form fitting.

6. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Correct, we do not cut 31's at this point. As we scale we may introduce them, but we really don't have that strong of a demand for 31's. We ran them in the past and got stuck with a bunch of them which we had to clear.

Noted. The challenge for us is to find the right quality cloth in a reasonable quantity and reasonable price. Currently, all the cloth we buy is on order and minimum order quantities have to be met. We are still too small to commit to those minimums for just trousers. The other end is to purchase Italian/European surplus stocks which is what we are actively looking into. Costs are a bit higher, but quality is there and minimums are reasonable to do limited runs.

7. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Thank you for the honest and transparent answer. I will keep a lookout for your next set of trousers, as I think the fit is perfect at an unmatched pricepoint.

8. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Actually, as well as the sportcoats. Anyone have pics of the fit of S&M, and can compare them to Suit Supply?

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I cold water washed and line dried, I have not noticed a fit change.

10. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I think many of us SF guys would love to see some ends from Reda, VBC, etc.
    would it be possible to secure fabrics and than do pre orders on trousers and SC's? Your fits are excellent and I love buying local.

11. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That's what we're working on. If we can pick up a roll or two of some good quality cloth, then this will happen. I'm headed to Italy in September to see if I can make this happen.

12. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

Looking forward to it Rick.
    @Darkside I posted a fit pic a few pages back in the navy hopsack, here again for your reference. 40R
    [​IMG]

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Looks great!

I really want some blazers in my wardrobe, not many times I ever feel appropriate to wear one.

14. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Are there any RTW Button-Down shirts in the works for Fall/Winter outside of the chambrays that were mentioned?

The madras I picked up has been amazing, so it would be great to see some tartans in the future. My wardrobe needs some blackwatch!

15. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Yeah I'd be in for a handful of flannels for fall.