• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I don't want to be straight vintage but yeah, Husbands looks good, anyone purchased (custom?) suits?

Ya but I have several jeans and slacks in that style now that I think of it (VB, Margiela, Mango -hah!-even some Jil).

Ha, I was gifted some mango (a linen shirt and a 50’s like polo) and they are great beach pieces, not bad at all I’d say they are sunspel level quality

Also let me know where I can get a safari jacket like that, Margiela has one somewhere from the Artisanal line but I’ve only seen it once for sale and I wasn’t quick enough to purchase it

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Damn been a while since I’ve said to myself damn I’d wear that whole Margiela look. Throw some brown Cuban heels on this and I’m golden (I cropped out the usual tabi boots)

04707622-A06C-423B-AF09-ED57A1A7F631.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, was at Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore (smashing place) for a graduation dinner. Sat next to this guy wearing a Basquiat shirt. Thought it was totally cool. My wife liked it as well.

Dorky? Same as wearing a Monet shirt from the Met gift shop? Kind of drawn to it in a “Where the Wild Things Are” kind of way.

5D373910-10B1-4981-BE29-828B92163220.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, was at Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore (smashing place) for a graduation dinner. Sat next to this guy wearing a Basquiat shirt. Thought it was totally cool. My wife liked it as well.

Dorky? Same as wearing a Monet shirt from the Met gift shop? Kind of drawn to it in a “Where the Wild Things Are” kind of way.

View attachment 1181075

i saw a basquiat exhibit in westwood some time ago. i'm pretty picky about putting art on shirts the very best i've ever seen was a older woman in a 'milk and cheese' shirt that i considered trying to buy off of her (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_&_Cheese)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll see lots of eclectic style in Hampden, Baltimore. It’s kinda their thing.
Yeah, met my wife there! I love Bal’more. DC is an artificial construct but Baltimore is real America.

seattlefromson

Reaction score
Personal thought:

I love Andy Warhol, I love Basquiat. I feel that the intersection between fashion (and by fashion, I mean style) and art can be limited, though. While dressing, I choose not to wear more than three colors (the third color, of course, being optional).

I see the Baskiat sweater above and I think: "nope, not my style, I wouldn't wear that."

That being said, when a designer collaborates with an artist (for example, the collaboration between Elsa Schiaparelli and Salvador Dalí; see their work below), the results can be incredible. Turn the print below into a sweater and I think the sweater would look incredible.

IMG_3181.JPG

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

View attachment 1181075

I’ll buy a plain white thermal on amazon and have my little cousin hook you up. Probably will be palm trees, suns, and houses though....we can take requests

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personal thought:

I love Andy Warhol, I love Basquiat. I feel that the intersection between fashion (and by fashion, I mean style) and art can be limited, though. While dressing, I choose not to wear more than three colors (the third color, of course, being optional).

I see the Baskiat sweater above and I think: "nope, not my style, I wouldn't wear that."

That being said, when a designer collaborates with an artist (for example, the collaboration between Elsa Schiaparelli and Salvador Dalí; see their work below), the results can be incredible. Turn the print below into a sweater and I think the sweater would look incredible.

View attachment 1181084
Okay, hard for us East Coasters to go to sleep after seeing scary vampire chick in white and red...

verver

Reaction score
Saw her (Hilma af Klint) exhibit at the Guggenheim- don’t get her occultism art...but she was an impressive woman

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that art-fashion intersection tends to work better in womenswear. Yves Saint Laurent's Mondrian dress, for example (whoops, someone beat me to it!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads