• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man old age must be starting to kick in officially, I purchased some velour for the first time since late 90's, very early 00's. Lawd...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man old age must be starting to kick in officially, I purchased some velour for the first time since late 90's, very early 00's. Lawd...
on purpose..?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on purpose..?

Haha, yup. Copped the Monitaly combo below to get back in touch with the Italian lineage..guess I'm getting nostalgic? If I start abandoning slim fits and quality clothing after this for pleated Dockers, Members Only jackets, Champion sweats, I'm in trouble.

Old-Dog-Blouson%2C-Silky-Velvet-Black%2C-09-Whole-Body.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ dope.

I want another long coat. What’s are some of you guys’ favorites this season?

@smittycl posted some nice ones. What type are you looking for, SW&D or CM style? I'm also looking, but in the SW&D realm and I have my eyes on yet another Monitaly piece, the Harry's Coat. I've been feeling a lot of the last few season's from Monitaly actually and the Vancloth stuff is nice. Here's my vote (comes in olive and black). Looks so damn comfy and warm: https://www.monitaly.com/shop/harrys-coat-vancloth-oxford-olive

I'll see if I can make the Monitaly outfit look good, guess this will test my swag juice. Was poking around Instagram for in the wild shots trying to decide and this shot right here of the Old Dog Blouson sealed the deal for me from "Edit Store":
43723989_362591761151261_2872941046344450048_n.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@tonio028 I mostly just curious what everybody is liking. I typically look at the same handful of designers so i'm just wondering what else people are into.
But in general not a parka or trench

@bry2000 the Haider ones are nuts but just too much money.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of my kilt options being limited to tartan or drab solids. What'sthe difference between men's kilts and women's skirts?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@tonio028 I mostly just curious what everybody is liking. I typically look at the same handful of designers so i'm just wondering what else people are into.
But in general not a parka or trench

@bry2000 the Haider ones are nuts but just too much money.

Four off the top of my head this season that I like:

285205M00736_M00736_1.jpg

1. Lemaire, but's eye watering expensive. Like legit crying expensive. Also some photos of this same coat look questionable, but it looks great here.

DSC01606.jpg

2. Kaptain Sunshine Traveller coat. I have this in navy, but it's available this season in tan. A little more CM-y, but also in that slightly remixed Americana way. Photo here is of @Newcomer

AW18-29.jpg

out-crwop-18938-001_2.jpg

3. Drake's tweedy raglan coat. I really like this one too. It's made from a green herringbone tweed-y fabric woven at an Austrian mill known for it's Loden. Looks nice and slubby.

194d3d29d5674976.jpg

4. This Margiela looks interesting but some close-up photos of the coat suggest the fabric is kind of smooth. I would prefer something a bit more tweed-y. It also comes with a rope belt, which will either look really cool on the right person or really bad on most everyone else. And since it's a designer piece, it's also expensive.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads