• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ShoutOutsFoMyBo I was just thinking I don't like that Traveller coat at all :/
But I don't know what i'm doing anyway so you're probably right.

And I love that Lemaire coat @dieworkwear , but I love all his coats and everything else.

Keep all these coming though there's some definite things I missed and some cool ones.

Ones that I like and am considering:

Mostly for the texture and it reminds me of the Lemaire suit coat from a few years ago (Porcupine?)
20181009_Mens_President_s_Egg_Alpaca_Coat_-_Natural_1667_1024x1024.jpg

M5_1967_1024x1024.jpg

Tiny, weak lapels but Worn OPEN obviously.

41803989KB_14_d.jpg

I don't really know how I feel about belts on coats but I like it on this.
Api_Coat_midnight_0612.jpg

There's also a teddy one... and the belt looks bad.
Api_coat_teddypine_1967.jpg

I've always liked these too.
FW18M_Ecomm-1_1000x.jpg

yasss

20181106107.jpg

I already have the matching pants (and am selling them...)

20181015207.jpg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah it looks a bit like a cape on the hanger, but in the pictures I've seen on instagram it looks great when worn.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Haha, yup. Copped the Monitaly combo below to get back in touch with the Italian lineage..guess I'm getting nostalgic? If I start abandoning slim fits and quality clothing after this for pleated Dockers, Members Only jackets, Champion sweats, I'm in trouble.

Old-Dog-Blouson%2C-Silky-Velvet-Black%2C-09-Whole-Body.jpg

if you're gonna do velour needs to be burgundy like nmwa version

btw i can get down with velour

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted that Monitaly velour jacket when it dropped. Even went down to Canoe Club to try it on. And then I noticed Urban Outfitters was carrying it. I just couldn't do it.

It's dope tho

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really wanted that Monitaly velour jacket when it dropped. Even went down to Canoe Club to try it on. And then I noticed Urban Outfitters was carrying it. I just couldn't do it.

Wow, I didn't know UO carried Monitaly.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, it's strange. I'm all conflicted about Monitaly now.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know, it's strange. I'm all conflicted about the brand now.

They've had some good collabs with Stan Ray and Schott in the past. A slightly modified version of the Stan Ray fatigue, and then two affordable versions of Schott double riders. I actually thought they were really well done.

This season, they have a shirt with Rockmount.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're gonna do velour needs to be burgundy like nmwa version

btw i can get down with velour

Sup @jet ; thanks for co-signing on velour and hell yes, the Naissance burgundy velour suit from NMWA is in my scope and may be either the next track suit purchase on my downward fashion spiral or may be the next one I try if the Monitaly set doesn't work out for me. I considered that one first, but wanted to try something a little different than my usual slimmer fits

...starts searching for 90's era inspired gold chains...

It's dope tho

Haha, that's actually where I picked it up from. Online, they've actually been carrying the brand a few season's now, I was just as shocked as you were, but UO has always been that way for as long as I can remember, a lot of trendy fast fashion knock offs, sprinkled with some "legit" brands and items. UO was actually the only place within the States that offered the pants in an XS (I'm typically a medium in bottoms, but I own the linen drop crotch shorts from this past SS18 season and had to size down to an XS to still achieve the loose vibe design, but the XS was the right fit in the waist where it was still loose, but I didn't have to really tie the drawstring super tight and fear that I was going to tear them off from over tightening every time). I'm hoping the velour version fits the same way. Mr. Porter and Monitaly's website didn't have them in XS.

I found this out when I Google searched and checked the item description like 3 times to make sure it was legit the Monitaly Velour set and not some UO knock off! Ironically enough and to this point, they do have a knock of version seemingly inspired by the leopard print Riso Fleece Mock neck top by Monitaly...

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's kinda cool that Yuki is getting carried in more places. Why would it make you conflicted about monitaly? They're not a big operation and not well known. UO has been carrying them for a couple years and clearly their designs haven't deteriorated.

It's like getting mad that your home town band gets a hit song somewhere.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are now putting Urban Outfitters in the "fast fashion" category, then the term has completely lost any meaning. It has had a pretty distinct identity and look and feel ever since its inception in 1970, and it also owns Anthropologie and Free People, both of which have carried and even championed small designed for decades now, along with a lot of own brand designs across the URBN portfolio.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads