1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

No, dear god, we are not putting them in the ff category. At least I hope not. I love Urban Outfitter for simple stuff like a reverse weave or something ordinary like that. Or say Rick and Morty socks, in the event that I ever needed Rick and Morty socks. That kind of stuff.

It's just that this sort of neural glitch takes place whenever I find out something I like from a cool elite boutique is also carried at places like Urban Outfitters. In my mind the cool elite boutique is up here (raises hand high) and Urban Outfitters is sort of down here (lowers hand quite a bit). Whatever that means. It attacks my sense of sophistication and taste and I get totally embarrassed with myself for a second. I'm probably just insecure.

@tonio028 I really hope it fits you, it's sick that you bought the whole suit!

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

3. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Distinguished Member

i vote number 1, seems like it would go with everything you wear. who makes it pls?
    i've tried the margiela dww mentioned and yeah the material is not textured enough. the raf calvin ones are great but shoulder is quite structured, a bit like old margiela, dunno if that's the kind of look you want.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

5. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

That’s funny. I was going to bring them up the next time you asked for suggestions for the shop but I guess that would be redundant.

6. OccultaVexillum

I like Auralee but haven’t looked to closely since it’s hapanese I just assume it won’t fit me.

Are there any good casentino coats this season that would work with a SWD wardrobe? If not casentino then some kind of boule or similar?

7. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Craig Green boucle coat.

8. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior Member

9. Darkside

Darkside Distinguished Member

Anyone got food/drink/jawnz/fun recs for Philly? Got a few visits planned.

10. OccultaVexillum

@happyriverz I got no issues with patch pockets but the flap pocket usually look too bulky and weird on coats. Those one are big enough though.
    That’s a cool coat but not something id wear or buy. It’s cool though and I never look at Uma Wang, I legit get it confused with Ziggy Chen all the time

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 10:57 AM

11. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior Member

I love the fabrics on her pieces, just incredible, but have only seen womenswear stuff in person. The menswear distribution is almost non-existent in the US.

12. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Distinguished Member

Food: Stock is surprisingly good (given it's white-dude riffs on SE Asian food) & affordable. Royal Izakaya is good and you'll end up spending more than you expected.

Drink: Southwark is a nice bar for cocktails. I also like going to The International up in Fishtown/Kensington. Philly is a good town for beer drinking (lots of options). Not so great for wine.

For jawnz or actual fun just go to New York.

13. baltimoron

baltimoron Distinguished Member

signaling @notwithit

14. Zamb

Zamb Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

You should, she does some of the most incredible fabrics and a lot of the stuff seems very easy to wear...........Its very different from Ziggy Chen. Ziggy is probably more heavier and rugged even though both would fall in the "romantic artisanal" category

15. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior Member

Amish donuts (Beiler's) at Reading Terminal market.