• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Don't get too excited. The prices are HIGH. Some of their Julius items are approaching 2x the Japanese retail price. The MA prices are slightly better, but not far behind. By comparison, their mark-up on brands like Lad Musician or DBSS tend to be far more reasonable. So who's pocketing the ridiculous mark-up on Julius? Blackbird or Julius's distributor? I heard that dealers outside of Japan have to buy from a Julius distributor based in Europe that makes unreasonable demands on quantity that must be ordered, etc.
Errr no, Julius set up a showroom in Paris every fashion week and fly their own people and use their usual pr firm (Totem) like every ******* company in the world. They have the new stuff and line sheets and whatever and you make your order. If you don't like it well no Julius but no Balenciaga or Rick Owens either, the process is very similar everywhere. People on sf gotta stop repeating the weird crap they hear from anonymous sources. As for prices well what can I say, Margiela is a global company and it is still way less expensive in Europe; it's the nature of the fashion beast. Julius pricing are in-line with their costs and yes, carried at prestigious stores with somewhat stiff markups; they're a fashion line with runway shows sold at exclusive boutiques, not on the same level as LM or DBSS IMHO (who both show in Japan and are still pretty good). For the record many Japanese companies have either individual or multi-label showrooms in Paris and/or Milan, from Visvim to N Hoolywood. YY has a beautiful space but he's YY.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
worship.gif
fuuma droppin knowledge

if people didn't post the incorrect info they heard from anonymous sources where would posts like yours come from?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
worship.gif
fuuma droppin knowledge if people didn't post the incorrect info they heard from anonymous sources where would posts like yours come from?

Not sure I understand, do you mean that if people didn't post bullshit no one would correct them by giving good info?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wait, no. people should post more bullshit posts just so you can correct them. otherwise we might never hear the info at all. just read roac? roak? i forget how its spelled's post.
worship.gif
you might as well travel to japan for 2.2+x markup on julius leather. probably would pay for it an dmore

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
if the jacket's cord then i retract my statement.
the thing about you is that you can carry off interesting combinations that would not work on other (younger?) people, it's to do with your face somehow. you have a certain character and gravity that makes it possible.

Fair enough... I get the slight feeling you are calling me old!
smile.gif
Seriously, though, thanks.

Originally Posted by Biscotti
Hell yeah
worship.gif

bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by XenoX101
I'm not sure he'd be able to button the bottom button.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
good thing you're not supposed to
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Oh really? Share your wisdom.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
you don't button the bottom button
LOL! Are you serious, xenox? Have you ever worn a suit jacket? Most of your WAYWT comments are tl;dr, but I notice that you never can make a comment about someone's fit without nitpicking at something. In this case (well, many times), I just smh...

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
LOL! Are you serious, xenox? Have you ever worn a suit jacket? Most of your WAYWT comments are tl;dr, but I notice that you never can make a comment about someone's fit without nitpicking at something. In this case (well, many times), I just smh...

+1, sorry to pile on but Xenox you seem to be the victim of more self inflicted damage than anyone else on SF. It is worth your time to evaluate why that is the case. no hate.

zis I liked your fit and thought the relaxed trousers and slim jacket looked good together.

soonami, jacket looks fine, you are sort of leaning over a bit so it may be affecting how the pic looks.

gutman, jeans look fine

Gutman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
jeans are a little tight for your build imo

yeah probably right, these were sized down for when i was slimmer. still xmas should fix that...
laugh.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt w/ barbed wire + red leather too much maybe. Unzip the jacket, make the tshirt thick and white and 1 inch longer than the jacket. Lemme know if you disagree, I plan on wearing a moto in Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members