• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Korean guy looks great. I didn't even recognize CM. A little googling indicated that he said that he had gained 100 pounds above his initial fighting weight of about 155, having been out with an injury for a couple of years. Of course Die Workwear may not follow MMA closely. https://www.mmamania.com/2022/11/4/...-shaves-beard-claims-to-be-265-pounds-ufc-mma
CM isn't anywhere close to 265. More likely closer to 200-210 range. Connor is listed at 5'8" so at 265 he would be bigger than Chris Bumstead on stage.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't check the DWW site nearly as often, since he rarely posts, but apparently, this piece came out last month...

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like Derek no longer posts articles there. I'll read the Style and Fashion drawings, but that's about it. I got the impression that Jesse Thorn drifted off in a different direction a good few years back.

deadbilly

Reaction score
More a Put This On comment, but because Derek has the byline for their eBay Roundups, it feels appropriate here: Every time the eBay roundup includes an item I'm already winning, I'm torn between sadness that I'll need to spend more money to win it and absolute joy that I am (was) winning an item that he approves of.
It was pretty good when an item I was selling was included (and since it was listed on the Oz eBay site it increased visibility to those who don't include overseas in their searches).

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like Derek no longer posts articles there. I'll read the Style and Fashion drawings, but that's about it. I got the impression that Jesse Thorn drifted off in a different direction a good few years back.

His NPR show is definitely his primary focus. I've listened to it off and on. When it's a guest I'm interested in it can be good. When it's someone who I don't know or am not interested in he doesn't have the magnetism as a host to make me want to listen and find out about someone new even though his questions seem very well researched and thought out.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His NPR show is definitely his primary focus. I've listened to it off and on. When it's a guest I'm interested in it can be good. When it's someone who I don't know or am not interested in he doesn't have the magnetism as a host to make me want to listen and find out about someone new even though his questions seem very well researched and thought out.

Ah thanks for the word. That passed me by, was not even aware that was a thing.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t Jesse still run the PTO Shop? There’s a consistent thrift sort of vibe, of new items coming in, and advertised on IG and in the shop. I thought that was Jesse’s doing? Maybe it’s Derek? Maybe someone else entirely. Unsure.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t Jesse still run the PTO Shop? There’s a consistent thrift sort of vibe, of new items coming in, and advertised on IG and in the shop. I thought that was Jesse’s doing? Maybe it’s Derek? Maybe someone else entirely. Unsure.

Pretty sure its Jesse, he often posts about flea market finds and stuff. Also, a lot of the PTO store stuff is split between trinkets/ephemera as well as menswear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads