• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

#ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The Family Of A Fallen Brother

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A round of applause to to every single person who participated, it all adds up - but I think a well deserved +1 to both Spoo's Luxeswap and BP for really moving that needle!

Triple slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK, the checks are in the mail. Ill send the stragglers in a separate envelope, but Ive also enclosed my own note in the package too.

You guys are wonderful.

To the family of Brian Shin -

After Justin contacted me and told me about your loss, and that he wanted to sell some things to help support you in your time of need, I knew that I could help more. As Im sure Justin has told you, the online community that Brian and I met each other on is a large one - and a kind one. I asked other eBay sellers to help participate in selling things that were thrifted, just as Brian loved, to help raise funds to assist during this difficult time. Well, they certainly did band together - I am happy to be enclosing with this letter over 20 checks from two countries and over 15% of the states in the United States. In addition, some of our other friends have written letters to you that are included with this one.

I think its safe to say that I can speak for the entire StyleForum community that we offer you our most sincere condolences and hope this financial contribution helps. While no amount of money can bring Brian back, his memory in both your and our lives is indelible - and I for one will remember his wit and wisdom during my time thrifting and selling, and you can rest assured that his memory and spirit will live on that way too.

Sincerely,
Matthew
President, LuxeSwap

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for organizing everything, @SpooPoker Happy to have been a small part of such a kind hearted endeavor and proud to be part of the type of community that pulled together to make something like this happen. Well done, boys.

tintinton

Reaction score
Hi!

Hey everyone! I'm here to update! I received the package on Monday and gosh were there a bunch of checks! It's overwhelming still to think about everything that's happened lately. I've already handed off the stack of checks to Bryson who likely has deposited the sum already today. Then we're gonna go over to Brian's parents place Saturday with all the letters (which I have not read yet, I wanted to have the parents to be among the first to hear them) and present the money and have the letters read/translated. We're super excited and I'll let update everyone here on Sunday to let you all know how it went!

I'm hoping to contribute to a post to the thrift forum as well to show off everything Brian taught me!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @SpooPoker and everyone participating in this for helping make Styleforum the community that J. and I always imagined. Incredibly proud to be able to provide a space for things like this to happen.

Cheers,

Fok.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Second wave of checks going out today or tomorrow -

$82 - EK, TAMPA, FL
$60 - YMM, HONOLULU, HI
$30 - DA, CHICAGO, IL
$100 - HGA, HOLDEN, MA

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still in my thoughts @hbkshin.

Yep...

DSC_2357.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads