• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear Oxfords with sport coats all the time but rarely black ones. Brown Oxfords work fine. I don't even own a pair of Derby's.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is also wearing brown shoes while seemingly being in town.

118-1188844_thinking-emoji-meme-png-transparent-png.png

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
There's an interesting thing with these images that I don't know if anyone has brought up:

The style on the right is so much more old man style in my eyes, it's not even close. Putting aside the quality of the clothes and whatever we think of the people wearing them, and just focusing on the cut and style, the style to the right is the uniform of frumpy old men trying to look presentable in the business world. Wearing the same size and cut you wore 20+ years ago, with no understanding of how your body has changed, is the essence of the negative associations with "old man style".

Classic tailoring may look old-fashioned, but no one is aged by wearing an outfit that subtly widens your shoulder and chest, narrows your waist and lengthens your legs. On the other hand, the short, narrow jacket will make anyone but the most fit people look like a sad potato-person, and wearing a tie and a square with a ill-fitting, very casual chinos makes you look like you're cos-playing a cubicle-slave in the 90s. Take off the jacket and the guy could be an extra on the set for a Dilbert live-action movie (which is hilarious for several reasons).

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear Oxfords with sport coats all the time but rarely black ones. Brown Oxfords work fine. I don't even own a pair of Derby's.

I have by far more Oxfords than Derbys, but I'd have no problem in wearing the latter with a suit.

In fact some Derbys are as smart and elegant, especially the 2eyelet French style.

Screenshot (1818).png

symphvaria

Reaction score
Back to @dieworkwear , I was catching up on Derek's posts today. #Menswear topics aside, I just love his trolling of a few political folks, especially his "friend" Rudy Giuliani.

View attachment 2188845
It would be funny if Giuliani actually responded. As is, it (and posting about it every 6 months) feels a little more akin to screaming at a brick wall and bragging about how much you owned said brick wall.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be funny if Giuliani actually responded. As is, it (and posting about it every 6 months) feels a little more akin to screaming at a brick wall and bragging about how much you owned said brick wall.

The best part is that he did (one time)

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He did, in a completely different context. That would be worth bragging about, but instead Derek seems very proud of his unread DMs, which is a case of whatever floats his boat I suppose.

Yeah, people find humor in different things. I may be the only person in my circle of friends who's not a fan of South Park or Seinfeld...

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Republicans live rent free in his head 😂. It’s why he stalked me on twitter and blocked me even though I had no idea he even had a twitter! I only found out because someone on the on going bespoke thread linked it & it wouldn’t load.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224