• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwied82

Reaction score
PC161044.jpg

PC030549.jpg

r&b
apc x 3

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
My bad, after some searching it seems there's an unwritten law of not buttoning the bottom button, to be honest I can't believe I've never heard of this before and think it's a tad ridiculous.
how did you not know this with over 2000 posts? i thought this was one of the first things every mother taught her kid?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
how did you not know this with over 2000 posts? i thought this was one of the first things every mother taught her kid?

I thought that last sentence was a bit of hyperbole until I remembered that it was my mother who told me about it the first time I wore a suit at like 12 years old or so.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
DSCN4982.jpg

the sun going down at 455 is a total drag

i can't take pictures inside for ****

thrifted and discount items top to bottom

now playing- no one conquered,wyoming-vega

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah yeah whatever, apparently I'm not allowed to be wrong about anything, I admitted my mistake and that should be the end of it, and I really get tired of justifying myself on the net because some people can't take criticism even if it's not directed at them.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure is bitchy in here today. From yesterday (I probably should have button the shirt up all the way
wink.gif
:
DSC01034.JPG
Forever21 Fred Perry Laurel custom Nudie RMW

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never offer 'hate' without reason. It's not because you are wrong. Rather, it's because you are so taken aback (at least at first) that you could be wrong. To top it off, it was in regards to one of the most basic rules of how to wear clothes.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Nice. I haven't seen this outfit since "Ghost Dad."

Thanks, although I don't think admitting to having sat through that movie is a good thing for you to admit to here...or anywhere.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by naaaaate
yeah ditch the t-shirt with that moto, it makes it look like a flame painted miata came to life as a person

laugh.gif
nice

Originally Posted by zissou
I never offer 'hate' without reason. It's not because you are wrong. Rather, it's because you are so taken aback (at least at first) that you could be wrong. To top it off, it was in regards to one of the most basic rules of how to wear clothes.

I'm with you; it would be more easily forgiven if all his posts weren't so infused with e-know-it-all.

BTW zissou re: your last 'fit, I actually got a kind of "late 1800's dude from back east who moved out west and is dressing for a ferrotype sitting" vibe with the small jacket and full cut pants. It worked for me.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks, man. That's pretty much the exact vibe I was shooting for
laugh.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok Xenox, with your previous post telling bad info on where shirt cuffs and suit sleeves should be in correlation to your hands/wrist/arms, and this one where you seriously didn't know you don't button both buttons (who the **** doesn't know that?), please refrain from giving any suiting advice at all dude. And it's not a stupid rule because if you button the botton button it ***** up the drape of the jacket.

Originally Posted by warlok1965
BTW zissou re: your last 'fit, I actually got a kind of "late 1800's dude from back east who moved out west and is dressing for a ferrotype sitting" vibe with the small jacket and full cut pants. It worked for me.

Yeah my feeling too. It would have been 'better' if the jacket was a bit more loose but on the whole was great and still worked out the way you'd expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members