• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Duckshot

Reaction score
The jacket seems a little tight too.
Tension/pull on the closing button. (Might be the tag)
Tension/Pull on the back vents.

The trousers here need to be let out alot through the leg and across the seat.

Judging from these pictures, I would go one size up rather than let out this one.
I appreciate the input! I’ll return it and make sure to try a bigger size next time

BananaKing

Reaction score
These should have been another size up then.

Pockets open up, which means it is way too tight acros the seat.
Yep I think they’re just not for me if I have to buy 3-4inch waist larger than my true size. Tough lesson after I bought 4 and had them altered a couple of times 😅. Lovely chinos in terms of material and construction if they work for you.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yep I think they’re just not for me if I have to buy 3-4inch waist larger than my true size. Tough lesson after I bought 4 and had them altered a couple of times 😅. Lovely chinos in terms of material and construction if they work for you.

How do you convert sizes from our european sizing to US inches?

I looked at a general conversion chart, and it made no sense to me.

I wear 33 in most jeans, and 52/54 in tailored trousers
So I figured no wonder some might get the wrong size..🤔
B7F75DD0-0EF9-442B-8A79-B52611FF9D53.png

Mirage-

Reaction score
How do you convert sizes from our european sizing to US inches?

I looked at a general conversion chart, and it made no sense to me.

I wear 33 in most jeans, and 52/54 in tailored trousers
So I figured no wonder some might get the wrong size..🤔
View attachment 1913853
The US size for trousers is simply your waist size (in inches ofc), i.e. or it is supposed to be anyway, most high street brands do ample amount of vanity sizing so that it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

The chart you showed makes perfect sense to me though, eu48=us38 => 32 trousers if assuming drop 6, which is standard for most suits afaik.

I wear 31/32 in (European, usually less vanity sized) jeans and 48 in tailoring in fact, with very few exceptions.

Last edited:

BananaKing

Reaction score
my actual waist measurement is 30inch and I will fit pants that have a TTS 30inch waist. So I bought the EU 46 initially which had the right size waist but way too tight everywhere else. And then the EU48 (32 inch) had the issues as seen/described above. Still too tight - but the waist is truly 2inch too wide and I have to cinch the side tabs all the way each side.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The US size for trousers is simply your waist size (in inches ofc), i.e. or it is supposed to be anyway, most high street brands do ample amount of vanity sizing so that it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

The chart you showed makes perfect sense to me though, eu48=us38 => 32 trousers if assuming drop 6, which is standard for most suits afaik.

I wear 31/32 in (European, usually less vanity sized) jeans and 48 in tailoring in fact, with very few exceptions.

Ok, makes a little more sense then.

Ours is a drop 7, which is most common in european markets.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland will this particular model in hatchgrain be available on the K last instead in the (near) future?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland will this particular model in hatchgrain be available on the K last instead in the (near) future?

Not in the near future, but I will keep it in mind when we finalize the FW23 selection.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not in the near future, but I will keep it in mind when we finalize the FW23 selection.
Potentially FW23 is as close as one could wish for. Thanks for the quick reply. I ordered your current model on the S last and am debating whether to keep or not. Ideally, I'd like it on the K last but if you're not going to offer it on the K last I might keep the S lasted shoe.

I have the shoe in the first pic in the colour of the second pic on what you call the K last and love it. Would really love a pair of reversed split toes in hatchgrain in dark brown colour on the K last as well.

Attachments

• EYjAJpyWkAAZpY7.jpg
    EYjAJpyWkAAZpY7.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 21F4EB66-3E88-4903-BA3A-3D4D1065E214.jpeg
    21F4EB66-3E88-4903-BA3A-3D4D1065E214.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 241

papado

Reaction score
my actual waist measurement is 30inch and I will fit pants that have a TTS 30inch waist. So I bought the EU 46 initially which had the right size waist but way too tight everywhere else. And then the EU48 (32 inch) had the issues as seen/described above. Still too tight - but the waist is truly 2inch too wide and I have to cinch the side tabs all the way each side.

If you're having the trousers tailored then why are you trying to cinch side tabs that much instead of just taking in the waist at your tailor? Given you have muscular legs/hips I think you'd probably be ok going up another size (assuming you have a good tailor) because the seat will still be reasonable and just the waistband would have to be taken in a lot.

Neither here nor there, I can relate to your struggle as I used to have to size up multiple sizes to make legs work on pants. Even for cavour I needed to wear the 54 (when the 52 waist was spot on) and get the waist taken in a lot. In an ideal world yes you could find another maker that fits better OTR in a closer size, but tailoring can solve a lot of problems for us all.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Ah yeah sorry I’m in a small “city” in Queensland, Australia. Not much options for alterations here. Certainly not menswear.

Letting out the legs of the pants was pushing boundaries of experience/skill. And already cost my me half the the price of the pants in the end.

Waist would be even messier and more costly.

I’m also trying to envision, how do you adjust the waistband itself without having to take in some of the seat? Wouldn’t that leave a big fold of loose fabric somewhere?

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

Second consecutive horrible delivery experience with UPS. They are complete rubbish.

The first time they held my package for more than a week and in the end didn't even deliver it to me but to an access point.

Now I've had to deliberately stay at home for two days - and both times they said "The receiver was not available for delivery." without so much as a knock on the door. Didn't have any choice but to re-route my package to an access point - which is always risky but better than them "trying" a third time.

This is nothing like the smooth sailing I always have with DHL who are amazing. The items we buy are ultimately quite expensive and I just don't really trust UPS to deliver them safely anymore.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

Second consecutive horrible delivery experience with UPS. They are complete rubbish.

The first time they held my package for more than a week and in the end didn't even deliver it to me but to an access point.

Now I've had to deliberately stay at home for two days - and both times they said "The receiver was not available for delivery." without so much as a knock on the door. Didn't have any choice but to re-route my package to an access point - which is always risky but better than them "trying" a third time.

This is nothing like the smooth sailing I always have with DHL who are amazing. The items we buy are ultimately quite expensive and I just don't really trust UPS to deliver them safely anymore.

DHL is the best, simple as that. But they cost a little more.

Sadly unavailable in certain areas due to difficulties when it comes to us getting our Tax money back on returns.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DHL is the best, simple as that. But they cost a little more.

Sadly unavailable in certain areas due to difficulties when it comes to us getting our Tax mon
That's more than fair enough but I do wish there was another option besides UPS though. They are simply sub-par.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads