• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

hacksul

Reaction score
Yea but I thought they didn't use glue....at least it says that on their website. Anyone else with gobs of glue on the heel?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the brown/nubuck from the net (wings and horns edition), I can say that the brown is a rather uninspiring-- Snuff, I think they would be a valid replacement-- I'd probably get them if I had to choose again.. The black leather and nubuck on the other hand is where its at. Can't believe the quality is so low on these boots given the fact that my boots are better constructed then my Aldens, Wolverine, etc.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I just can't resist.

That said, send the boots back to the uncontrolled quality pit from whence they were hastily cobbled from.

binauralbeats

Reaction score
Filed a dispute with the credit card company a week ago. Today my boots show up after no call, email or anything. A month ago I cancelled my order and even was able to get a reply from Stephen, but apparently they're not so organized there. Of course there are quality issues... one of the boots has stitching 1/8" above where the upper and sole meet. Too bad, got the right size and everything. :facepalm:

At this point I'm just going to wait for dayton to respond to the dispute, no way am I paying shipping for these to go back.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stephen called me a week ago and I daid how the boots were wrong all over the place, he appologized, and noted what needed to be done, ie no ankle stamp, toe caps that aren't mismatched, and nailed down topy on the heel. That said, I truly hope they don't **** up this order and just make the boots well instead.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's a shame because before this "sale" I've only ever heard good things and whenever I was in the shop it was always awesome.

I never even purchased anything until now but they were just excited to show and discuss their boots.

hope they fix whatever went wrong here.

jaja

Reaction score
Stephen called me a week ago and I daid how the boots were wrong all over the place, he appologized, and noted what needed to be done, ie no ankle stamp, toe caps that aren't mismatched, and nailed down topy on the heel. That said, I truly hope they don't **** up this order and just make the boots well instead.

wasting your time.

jaja

Reaction score
Filed a dispute with the credit card company a week ago. Today my boots show up after no call, email or anything. A month ago I cancelled my order and even was able to get a reply from Stephen, but apparently they're not so organized there. Of course there are quality issues... one of the boots has stitching 1/8" above where the upper and sole meet. Too bad, got the right size and everything.
facepalm.gif

At this point I'm just going to wait for dayton to respond to the dispute, no way am I paying shipping for these to go back.

your wasting your time.

jaja

Reaction score
I managed to get in contact with them at this number: 604.566.9848, and they were quite helpful. Looks like they are back from their 6 week hiatus.

wasting your time. no company on earth go on holidays for that long.........are you people really that gullible?

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jaja since u are the resident ex-dayton wizard bespell upon us your great knowledge and understanding of the trials and tribulations us mere peons are relegated to experience.

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yahuh, by all means jaja, enlighten us plebes with what travails have afforded your incisive viewpoint so we may somehow eschew this inexorable fate you speak of.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads