1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

I received my boots a couple weeks ago. The quality is actually much better than I'd expected but there is a bit of heel slippage. I'm guessing I'll end up selling them as I've purchased like 5 pair of boots since April and don't really have a need for these any longer.

2. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Hey, if anyone is interested I have these boots here for sell. Bought them off whoknew1, but they are a bit too tight at the end. The quality is really good and the leather is really smooth!

PM if interested! If not, I'll probably put them up on B&S at the end of the week.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  3. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

roflmao

4. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Should i give these boots a try again?:confused:

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I reordered mine a couple days after RKD, not a sign from Dayton. Wait for more feedbacks from reorderguys like notwitit and such

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

have a bit of heel slippage so trying them out today with some superfeet ... seems to help but doesnt really fix it completely. i hope with more mileage it will get used to my walking

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Try hapad never bought into the super feet hype, great marketing mediocre product

8. randomkoreandude

any place to grab hapad in stores locally? ive never seen/heard of em

9. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Guys..

I am considering a re-order of these boots(i know it is a f***ked process to get them).

Random - What do you think of the boots you received recently? Are they in anyway comparable(minus the distressing and the colour of the leather) to those they made earlier for the w+h colab?

And to those who got their pair having had issues with the initial pair, how do the new ones fare?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  10. irbe

irbe Senior member

I will try to reorder when the anniversary sale comes up again. I would not buy this at full retail. Not worth the heart ache. I`m sure stephen however will recognize my name..lol

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Why do men never learn? :facepalm:

12. randomkoreandude

i like mine ... im glad nothing was wrong with them. but i dont know how they compare with the original W+H version since i never handled them

13. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

I finally received the remakes for my anniversary sale purchase. Looks like they changed the tongue piece from the weird flimsy material to a much more solid piece of leather. Needless to say, it took way too long to finally have my boots, but I'm happy with the boots themselves.

14. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

Why would anyone want to order from them after this experience? I'd rather pay extra to receive a well finished product quickly than having to wait for 8 months to receive a product that may possibly be defective.

15. click here

click here Senior member

The boots sucks. Doesn't really look that good, very uncomfortable to wear and the shoe laces keeps getting undone!

16. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. randomkoreandude

i seriously doubt they will re-up their anniversary sale... plus it was their 65th anniversary sale. it would be retarded to have a 66th anniversary sale

18. iroh

iroh Senior member

for $700 you can buy some real boots, why would you go with these beat up thift store look-a-like boots when you can get something that actually looks good:

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/01/03/alden-pre-order-2/

ALDEN PRE-ORDER
    POSTED BY TOM
    We are now accepting preorders for the following shoes/boots:

1) The Plaza Indy Boot in #8 shell cordovan $695.00

2) The Alpine Wingtip Boot by AC $535.00

3) The Plaza Cap Toe Boot in #8 shell cordovan $675.00

4) The Suede Longwing in tan, snuff, and dark brown $495.00

5) The CXL LHS $495.00

Preorders give you the opportunity to either order a non-stocked size (eg 14A, 8EEE, etc) or to guarantee a pair for yourself (since our stock sells out quickly).

A $100 non-refundable or transferable deposit is required to place a preorder. If you are interested please give us a call or send us an email at info@leathersoul.com.

This preorder will close on 01/15/12.

Please note, due to the current backlog of orders, new preorders will take approximately 9-16 months to complete.

19. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

I never got to see the W&H in person but I feel like my oiled black pair are better leather wise than the black leather W&H pair. I didn't really care for the pebbled look of that leather. The oiled leather is very thick but supple. I really like my Dayton boots. But I'm not sure if I'd order another pair in the service boot last. I find that for me the EE width heel is too wide and the toe box a little narrow. I'm like an E/C in Alden. I have wide toes and a narrow heel, which is like the opposite of this boot's last. I also have a pair of Dayton's "Sasquatch" boot I think it was called, and that boot fits the shape of my feet better (they're the cap toe boot that W&H also did with Dayton).

20. meso

meso Senior member

This thread will never die, will it?