1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Demean

Demean Well-Known Member

This looks very tasty! Do you get your shorts tailored? I can never get mine to look the way I want!

2. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Tasty? Not usually what I shoot for, but ok.

I had a few of my shorts tailored. These included. I had them leg opening tapered. Slim fit shorts are usually too tight in the hips for me so I have to buy regular fit and have them tailored.

3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

4. Crat

Crat Senior member

A wise man once told me symmetry is the root of all evil. Doubt he'll ever read this. NOBD will know who i mean though : )

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

AS looks good, would have gone with white shoes like purcells there 'cause the dark brown boat shoes and bright pink shorts seem in contrast

Stitchy, we're gonna have to work on your casual game (biz wardrobe looks most excerent (aw, that was before your time))
    Belt looks nice in theory but I think it's too long. Either shorten or wrap over the loose end and tuck between belt and pants.
    Actually, take a look at Mr.K for some casual looks since I think his sort of vibe could work for you. Even look up Phat Guido (RIP on SF, check his blog?)

6. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

A hot humid day in Charlotte
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tried my new Peterlee linen sports coat today. He did a good job at making it very comfortable and casual.

5 people like this.
  7. An Acute Style

Very nice fit. I love the shoes (Alden?) and jacket (not familiar with Peterlee). Everything fits you very well. I'm confused as to why you're wearing a cardigan and a jacket if it's hot and humid out. I probably would have just went with the jacket. Also, I think the color of the bow tie is too light given that everything else is so dark. I think a darker bow tie would frame the shirt better.

8. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

For those that are sockless do you use any powder or anything in your shoes?

9. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I work in a climate control lab, so I wear sweaters all year round. I actually took the jacket off and put it back on for the pic.

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. An Acute Style

Are those...sweatpants? [​IMG]

^insert humorous animated gif^

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks for the rec, dude. but i like contrast between belt and pants. this belt tho, was clearly a phail.

thanks, mang. all my games need help, but i dont think my casual game is as bad as some of this fit lends peeps to believe. however, on styfo, its not what have you worn well before, its what have you worn well now. either way, solid points.

13. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Sitch, they have a khaki belt too

[​IMG]

Basically, the formality of the rest of the outfit doesn't fit the belt you currently have.

The surcingle is slimmer and more refined

14. justinkapur

I think that MC casual is much more difficult than MC dressed up style. There are too many levels of MC casual where it can be dressed up more or less but I feel like with dressy its much easier to put together.

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

that is WAY better. had i been using my brains, i would have worn a thick casual leather belt though, and then i think the whole belt fiasco would have been moot. my fault for being a doofus.

i hear ya kind of, but ime, the area where you put forth the most effort is where you will do best. if i spent as much time and money on my casual clothing, id have more consistent success. but since that is not how i generally dress, that area of my wardrobe suffers. in time i think it will get better as i absorb feedback and make changes, like based off of what i heard today.

16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

AS, they're green cotton/linen chinos. I think they'd be right up your street, although I'm certain you'd prefer a slimmer cut.

17. justinkapur

I agree with you Stitchy for sure. I definitely dont spend as much on my casual wardrobe. I have tried to spend money on casual stuff but it never gets as much use which sucks. I do have to wear a tie so my casual tops game is light. I will try to pay more attention to my mens casual clothing.

1 person likes this.
  18. An Acute Style

Dang, son. Why you gotta be fly all the time?

19. Kai

Kai Senior member

Shakespeare festival in Southern Utah. Hot today.

[​IMG]

Hat: Brent Black

Pants: Land's End linen

Shirt: RL silk/linen blend

Shoes: Trask white suede bison leather

Watch: Vintage Seiko chronograph.

Sunglasses: Costa del Mar

(In response to comments about the shirt.)

I thought about a linen long sleeve in light blue, but the two shirts I have that are like that are both French cuff, and I wasn't sure the rolled up sleeve look would work with French cuff shirts.

2 people like this.
  20. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

^ Don't like that shirt. It's the billowy fit,"pancake" collar, and short sleeves. Very dad / Dwight Shrute

I've never seen a short sleeve button up shirt that looks good

Why not a cotton-linen longsleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled?

http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/index_en_usd_114.html