The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

anyone happen to know what model of patek philippe this is?

[​IMG]

Fake. That's why you have it.

2. bing

bing Senior member

Just bought these two vintage Omegas to start my collection - one more formal and one a little casual.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Consider purchasing the one below as well to add the gold color, but I'm guessing it's better to mix it up with some other brands when starting a collection. It's just that the vintage Omegas seem to be such a great value and are really beautiful. Look at the picture below - what would you do?

[​IMG]

Should I buy or consider something else in the <$2K price range?

very nice.

my only issue with these watches, i have one from the 40's, is that they are all sub 36mm... most of them 34mm. It's too small for me. They're very delicate too... not for a daily wearer... one good drop and you're replacing hands and crystals.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Omega would make so much dough if it re-issued the DeVille, Ranchero, etc... in a 38 or 40mm case. Maybe powered by a larger movement for consistency. I would buy a new reissue Ranchero right away.

4. nytek

nytek Well-Known Member

very nice.

my only issue with these watches, i have one from the 40's, is that they are all sub 36mm... most of them 34mm. It's too small for me. They're very delicate too... not for a daily wearer... one good drop and you're replacing hands and crystals.

I have small wrists, so the size was one of the major reasons that drove me to purchase these. The 35mm is perfect for me.

5. dshin

dshin Senior member

Heuer 1000 Dive watch (from pre tag days). Got the watch last week. Got the Bond Nato strap today. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic: [​IMG]

6. nytek

nytek Well-Known Member

One of the Omega's just arrived. Smaller than I anticipated, but I think it still works. [​IMG]

7. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

[​IMG]

My first vintage piece. 1949 Bulova Art Deco.​

8. glum

glum Member

^ i looooooove that watch. congrats.

9. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

One of the Omega's just arrived. Smaller than I anticipated, but I think it still works.

[​IMG]

very nice looking watch.

I just bought a Tommy Hilfiger watch, it's not top of line watch compare to some of you guys, but it's by far my most expensive watch. I have a question: The watch manual said "The watch has a 1.55 vol silver-oxide batter. It is specially designed for watches and will last approximately 18-36 months under normal use. It is important to use only the replacement battery recommended by Tommy Hilfiger watches. Many "interchangeable" batteries(such as hearing aid batteries) will not work properly in your watch or might damage it.
    "
    Do you guys take your watches to a service section for battery service?

10. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

One of the Omega's just arrived. Smaller than I anticipated, but I think it still works. [​IMG]
    That's an understatement - lovely looking watch and it suits your wrist well.

11. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

One of the Omega's just arrived. Smaller than I anticipated, but I think it still works.

[​IMG]

Very very nice, perfect size. I have two Omega Seamasters with the white dials and in search of a nice one with a black dial.

12. nytek

nytek Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliments. It's actually a navy dial, but I like the color combo with the brown leather. It's a little small in person compared to the picture, but I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Heuer 1000 Dive watch (from pre tag days).
    Got the watch last week. Got the Bond Nato strap today. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic:
    [​IMG]

very nice. they absolutely don't make heuers like they used to.

14. Swededude

Swededude Senior member

The seamaster is very nice! Looks perfect on your wrist!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.