• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

nytek

Reaction score
My other vintage Omega purchase just arrived - I absolutely love it! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic...
photo3.jpg

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nytek
My other vintage Omega purchase just arrived - I absolutely love it! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic...

photo3.jpg

Very nice...you're cleaning up. May I ask where you're purchasing these beauties?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

photo3.jpg

Nice.

But it's missing the hour hand!!!.

wink.gif

totenhosen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
You're very welcome. Yours was a good question on a somewhat confusing topic so I figured I might as well try to answer in a way that might benefit everyone. Of course in a thread that is over 500 pages long, answers will fade away quickly.... But, thanks again.
.. yes but it will live my heart forever
musicboohoo[1].gif
.. .. .
laugh.gif
free beer for you if you're ever in Sydney
smile.gif
Well, you have a 7.5" wrist. A 44mm case on a 7.5" wrist can look fine. As you said, the only way to know is to try on the wrist and see if you like it. But generally speaking I'd say that you would be OK with a 44mm. <snip> Bear in mind though that dial design, bezel size, case design/materials, etc. all have a major impact on perception...therefore not all watches of the same size will look the same. Not even close.
Actually that's one thing I was surprised with, that at those dimensions this particular case has a chance to be hideously big.. yet, while being certainly no smaller than the Speedy I tried on (which I believe is measured 44mm if I'm not mistaken), it's not as chunky as it could be and remains attractive in terms of profile. It felt fine to me so with your re-assurance I think I'll go ahead and most likely order it as my first mechanical in a few days
smile.gif
...It was either that or a Seiko Diver SKX007K (movement 7s26) which I was hoping to put on non-English language day wheel on (Polish to be specific)... but figured I may have trouble finding the wheel and the GMT function has romantic value for me
smile.gif
Below is my wrist with some Omegas for reference.. re: size.. think it should be ok, though the Speedy profile is -wonderful- for their diameter imo (and definitely/obviously slimmer height wise).
Originally Posted by totenhosen
<snip> Moonphase (3576.50.00). Probably my favourite watch at the moment..
5149881979_7cb2039f70_z.jpg
Speedy Date (3210.50.00).
5177975851_1b51f66fea_z.jpg

nytek

Reaction score
Nice.

But it's missing the hour hand!!!.

wink.gif

haha I guess 4:20 was a bad time to take this shot...

nytek

Reaction score
So for the watch experts, particularly ones with several mechanical watches, how do you store them. Do you guys have a case or do you use winders?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So for the watch experts, particularly ones with several mechanical watches, how do you store them. Do you guys have a case or do you use winders?

case
most of my watches are manual wind, so winders would be useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads