• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
I agree that the clothes look exactly the same as his SLP ****, but that kid does not look at all good in them. It doesn't help that he has that stupid look on his face.

Sheesh you guys are ripping Timothee a new one LOL. I’m not sure fashion is his strong suit but he seems to be promising actor - definitely one of Hollywood’s newer darlings which is probably among one of the reasons Celine dressed him for the event. I can imagine him being Hedi’s type haha

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know what movies he's been in? I mostly just watch older ****...

Edit: never mind, I looked him up on imdb. I've inadvertantly managed to avoid everything he's been in thus far. It seems that he's going to star in the new Dune which will not be directed by Jodorowsky, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Bill H

Reaction score
Do you know what movies he's been in? I mostly just watch older ****...

Edit: never mind, I looked him up on imdb. I've inadvertantly managed to avoid everything he's been in thus far. It seems that he's going to star in the new Dune which will not be directed by Jodorowsky, unfortunately.
Yo shout out Dune.

Bill H

Reaction score
Let's not get our hopes up for this movie. Low expectations will be essential.
Are you kidding, after the remake of Total Recall my expectations couldn't be lower. I wouldn't be surprised if they take liberties and set the movie in Egypt haha; and put Justin Beiber in the Sting role.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding, after the remake of Total Recall my expectations couldn't be lower. I wouldn't be surprised if they take liberties and set the movie in Egypt haha; and put Justin Beiber in the Sting role.
Oh ****, I managed to stay far away from the Total Recall remake.

In fairness to the new Dune, it looks like it's going to be directed by the guy that did the Bladerunner sequel, which I know a lot of people really loved (not including me). I like my sci-fi to be really bizarre, like Videodrome, the 70's Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing, etc., and I think the guy making the new Dune is just going to make a long boring movie.

Sorry for derailing the thread, which doesn't seem to have much going on anyway...

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^The documentary about Jodorowsky's Dune is great. Film off topic: I was rather bummed that the Del Toro Mountains of Madness was canned.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Within the many important topics touched on in this thread, one that could be quite simple, is the enormous one of "succession". What happens when a great designer (or artist) dies/stops? Obviously one could write an essay on this topic. It covers many aspects of modern times. In case you think that statement is silly, consider how closely Steve Jobs was identified with Apple Computer Inc. That image morphed from outsider to leader during his life. What now? Moving on to clothes. What about Dior? As one of the widely acclaimed postwar designers, subject of a current V&A show, but does anything now in Dior relate to his essence? I would say No. But owned by LVMH, it is positioned as a money making luxury brand. To state the obvious, Dior did not design for men. Balenciaga is another important example to consider. Again considered "important", Balenciaga is the subject of museum exhibitions at the top level. I was lucky enough to see a Balenciaga exhibition in Antwerpen at momu, where they contrasted the Spanish Great, with contemporary designers such as Issey, Yohji, etc. If you look at the best Balenciaga dresses, you know the current products are simply awful, again with no relation to the creative genius. As the poor half of clothes design, we men do not have the equivalent of such design genius, do we?

scanner

Reaction score
Hedi's ultimate **** you, social experiment #143 - Will the public spend $1600 on chelseas with the same construction and design as SL from the same factory as 85% of the other MII brands? Will they spend $5400 on the same leather jacket that SL produces for about $285 and sells for $3400?

This time around I'm not so sure they will.

This fit is awkward as ****. Chalamet should stick with Gucci's Michele, he looked much better and effortlessly stylish last year.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Thoughts?

Screenshot_20190131-045129_Facebook.jpg

Bill H

Reaction score
I didn't like the fit on the runway model, but this picture makes it look much better. I like it a lot more than the fw14 studded version, which is what I've seen it most compared to. Love the shoulder detailing.
Good call; it does look like the studded 14 and I didn't like the runway fit either... but I am not convinced this will fit better; really curious to see what happens when you size down.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
February is almost amongst us gents. What was the word of when the boutiques or online store will start carrying menswear? I seem to recall February 2019 but then someone else mentioned much later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads