1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The official CELINE thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. rire

rire Active Member

From what I keep reading, people have been saying SA's go with February when asked when stuff will drop.

2. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

Yeah this one definitely looks dope but I prefer the SLP studded version... this iteration will almost definitely cost more than the SLP variant.

3. rire

rire Active Member

So...

The collection will be available to purchase as of February – most notably in the first ever Celine boutiques dedicated exclusively to menswear.

Two locations have been chosen for Celine's big menswear debut: Paris and Milan. "The first ever Celine menswear boutique will be opened in February in Milan, followed by a Paris location at 24 Rue François 1er, in the eighth arrondissement," a spokesperson from the brand told FashionNetwork.com.

Both of the new locations will be close to pre-existing Celine stores offering the house's womenswear collections. In Milan, the brand will set up shop in the Luxury Quad, on Via Santo Spirito, not far from the Celine flagship at 25 Via Montenapoleone, while the Paris store will be a stone's throw away from the label's location at 53 Avenue Montaigne.

https://us.fashionnetwork.com/news/...-in-Paris-and-Milan,1063233.html#.XFRsmLZ7TjA

4. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

I would say the best part of the FW14 studded is the fit... if you could get this piece to fit like that, I would maybe prefer this one.

5. HommeBoy007

Good ish, I think NY and London are supposed to get the men’s stuff around March.

6. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

Big thank you; this is super helpful...

7. HommeBoy007

The fit is godly - I heard some claim that it is the best SLP leather produced during Hedi’s tenure but I argue for the white/black leather.

CFC80A79-AA8B-4EBA-A9A1-BEF4330933AF.jpeg

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Gorgeous. Did they make that fit in all black, or was it slightly different? (Don't know if I could pull off the white.)

9. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

10. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior Member

I hope it doesn't take long for online retailers like Ssense or LVR to get stuff up on their site.

11. Supergenius

Supergenius Senior Member

I was in the NY SoHo store today and SA said later this month. I expressed my skepticism and she said NY and Rodeo Drive would be first in the US to get menswear and she was adamant it will be later in February. We’ll see.

12. HommeBoy007

Good news I guess. I passed by that location last week and the store didn’t look ready for menswear but you know how quickly things can turn around. There’s another location in soho which is under construction... I wonder when it’ll be ready for the public.

13. Supergenius

Supergenius Senior Member

Just heard from my SA who said menswear will be in the Soho store 2/25. If anyone here stops in to see it, Dana is the person who helped me and she's fantastic.

14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Very cool. I went to the website au hasard this morning and noticed that it's been redesigned. No link yet for menswear, but I see where it'd fit. :)

15. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Member

My SA has assured me that menswear will be available towards the end of the month.
    Also, the new perfecto/L17 style biker is going to come in calfskin and washed calfskin, and it’s $5400. That’s less than an L17 retails for now (at least in the US) so I don’t think it’s a rule across the board that Celine is going to be a 30% mark up from Saint Laurent.