• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They made the shoes in big sizes this time?

It’s kind of infuriating that everything is only small or medium but yeah, 11UK shoes might work for me. Does anybody have experience with mizuno as somebody that’s a typical size US12 sneaker?

catchh

Reaction score
I think they made only small / medium, but they fit quite larger. A small looks like a relaxed medium and the medium looks like a relaxed medium/large in most items.

If you look at the gore-tex jacket, the chest and length are pretty much the same. Just the sleeve is the main diff.

milosh

Reaction score
They made the shoes in big sizes this time?

It’s kind of infuriating that everything is only small or medium but yeah, 11UK shoes might work for me. Does anybody have experience with mizuno as somebody that’s a typical size US12 sneaker?
By chance I will visit a store in about a week and am a US12 in almost everything, so will let you know. I’m with you on the sizes being infuriating. I think these are all like japanese M/L…

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they made only small / medium, but they fit quite larger. A small looks like a relaxed medium and the medium looks like a relaxed medium/large in most items.

If you look at the gore-tex jacket, the chest and length are pretty much the same. Just the sleeve is the main diff.

Maybe so, but as an XL top and L pant that still doesn’t help me haha

catchh

Reaction score
Yeah, in that case it's a bid odd they didn't do a run for a size large that would fit large/extra large.

oilbased

Reaction score
Yeah, in that case it's a bid odd they didn't do a run for a size large that would fit large/extra large.
The garment sizes are standard Japanese just relabelled a size down for the UK. Annoying that much of the Japanese range didn’t make it to the Uk though. Am off to see it in-store for myself now.

sandmountain

Reaction score
The garment sizes are standard Japanese just relabelled a size down for the UK. Annoying that much of the Japanese range didn’t make it to the Uk though. Am off to see it in-store for myself now.
Yeah, I was hoping to get the Stretch Polyester Poplin trouser and the Lightweight Nylon Poplin Blouson, but neither made it to the UK.

I’m a bit puzzled about the sizing. I would think that you’re right (that the Japan items are just relabelled a different size in the UK), but if you compare the Japanese/UK size charts it would appear that for some items (I haven’t checked everything) that doesn’t quite match up. For the tops and pants that I looked at, the Japanese size L seems to match the UK S, which means that the UK are stocking a larger size not sold in Japan (UK M would be an XL) and not stocking the smaller size?

E.g. the pants and shorts in size M and L in Japan measure 76 and 80 cm in the waist, but in the UK the size S and M are 80 and 84 cm (one whole size bigger).

Seems odd to me that they would make a size exclusive for the UK, but I guess it makes sense?

If anyone happens to go to the store, can you check the waist measurements of the trousers? Otherwise I’ll just send them an email sometime to confirm if what I think is correct (although I’m sure they’re sick of all my enquiries by now).

oilbased

Reaction score
The Mizuno collection is selling only at Wigmore Street, except for the new trainers that are at Fulham Road too.
I went to Fulham Road 😩 BUT
I did manage to get the trainers sz9 and the backpack and waist bag. They were fine selling me the bags even though they were the store samples. So all is good. Will have a look another time, the tube in London is an absolute disaster today.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold out straight away in Japan too. Alas, I missed out both times.
UNIQLO U have a similar one and it's just gone on Sale. Come's in Black, Blue or Natural; it also doubles up as a Tote Bag. The £150 you save you can put towards Trainers!

goods_67_466920 (1).jpg
idgoods_466920_sub28.jpg

L. S. Price

Reaction score
Hi all, as a fan, I really begin to have some doubt about the house.

I'd like to share a very recent experience. On a shirt of this season, there are supposed to be horn buttons, which is a thoughtful design and they go well with the fabric. But what I received is a shirt with some shiny buttons. You can see clearly below.

I even doubt if they used plastic buttons! And I looked through my wardrobe, only to find similar black shiny buttons on a tuxedo shirt. In this case the buttons could be black mother of pearl.

One thing is sure that they are not horn buttons. And it's really perplexing to think that Margaret Howell has come to this: with the soaring price, they cannot get the buttons right. And I wouldn't know what to make of it if the buttons turn out to be plastic ones...

And the link to it on the UK website:

tempImagez4YdDZ.png

tempImagePyITgG.png

tempImagezBg2ID.png

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as a fan, I really begin to have some doubt about the house.

I'd like to share a very recent experience. On a shirt of this season, there are supposed to be horn buttons, which is a thoughtful design and they go well with the fabric. But what I received is a shirt with some shiny buttons. You can see clearly below.

I even doubt if they used plastic buttons! And I looked through my wardrobe, only to find similar black shiny buttons on a tuxedo shirt. In this case the buttons could be black mother of pearl.

One thing is sure that they are not horn buttons. And it's really perplexing to think that Margaret Howell has come to this: with the soaring price, they cannot get the buttons right. And I wouldn't know what to make of it if the buttons turn out to be plastic ones...

And the link to it on the UK website:

View attachment 2184067

View attachment 2184075

View attachment 2184077
The listing you linked to says “FINISHED WITH MOTHER OF PEARL BUTTONS” and you say “the buttons could be black mother of pearl.” Seems like they’re what they said they were, which is mother of pearl.

catchh

Reaction score
Yeah, I’d be shocked if they had that low level of quality control. Also, if you email them and they are indeed the wrong buttons they will definitely correct it for you.

Also, it’s made in their local factory. Highly doubt it’s not the right buttons.

L. S. Price

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for checking the information.

But now I am more confused. Here you see below, the French site states buttons are "corne", which means "horn". The model also wears the shirt in horn buttons, this being true on UK or French site.

Actually, when I tried on the shirt, I remember that it's with horn buttons. That's pretty much the reason of my interest in it. That is to say the attention to detail, something you are familiar with the house.

Also, this is also strange: on one hand, the shirt is impeccably made, all the complicated lines of the fabric are delightfully aligned with high level of attention, which shows undoubtedly the exemplary craft of their atelier; on the other hand, these unexpected buttons, with rather long yarn end (more than one centimetre at one place) sticking out of the button, which shows the insufficient level of quality control.

Anyway, that's what I get, and thanks for sharing the story. I'm trying to reach the client service, but I guess the explanation would be that at some point, they changed the idea and used MOP buttons instead, and then, of course, updated the UK website.

Fans of the brand may know they are going through some major changes, with the new director, etc. Nevertheless, I would not want to imagine that they have trouble with button cost!

截屏2024-05-10 15.16.28.png

margaret-howell-men-ss24-online-look-3096x3999-28a.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members