• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kap120

Reaction score
Preorders and such are available for the rewards members.

There are some additional sizing options that can be made on pre-orders. Send us an email when placing an order with the details of what you'd like done, and we can discuss if it's a possibility. For any significant changes to the pattern, we do have very affordable made-to-measure, which might be a great option, especially if you're close to the DC area.

The next run of chinos (the $110 chinos we've been talking about that will be arriving soon) will be zip fly, but future chinos will have both zip fly and button fly options. We're working on the pattern changes now.

Pre-orders are only available to our Rewards Members, and with pre-orders you can have some sleeve length subtracted. Pre-orders are announced through our newsletters.

Thanks for the info guys. I am a rewards member, but mainly just wanted to make sure that I would get an e-mail or something notifying me when pre-orders are available.

jimney

Reaction score
There are some additional sizing options that can be made on pre-orders. Send us an email when placing an order with the details of what you'd like done, and we can discuss if it's a possibility.
Can body length be subtracted with pre-orders? Also, on a related note, are the Picnic shirts in Before-Dinner the same body length as the long sleeve shirts?

WvGBot

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I am a rewards member, but mainly just wanted to make sure that I would get an e-mail or something notifying me when pre-orders are available.

Yes you definitely will!
Can body length be subtracted with pre-orders? Also, on a related note, are the Picnic shirts in Before-Dinner the same body length as the long sleeve shirts?

Yes you can subtract body length with pre-orders, but for significant changes I'd suggest giving MTM a try. As far as I know, the body length will be the same for short-sleeve shirts.

I'd also like to personally recommend our slub fabric shirts - the fabric is soft, extremely breathable, and is perfect for the summer. I'd grab a shirt now to make sure you're prepped for when this horrible winter ends.

Another tip: it's really easy to get the darts let on Before Dinner shirts (usually $5 and a quick trip to a tailor). If you've tried one of your shirts and you've found that you love how Before Dinner fits in the shoulders, arms, and chest, but it's a little too tapered in the waist, have the darts let out.

mothball

Reaction score
Llama shirt

jimney

Reaction score
Just got a rewards membership - super excited. Shame I missed out on the red anchor picnic shirt, though. Will I be emailed instructions for pre-orders and such?

Also, I'm having some trouble with the top drop-down menus - they disappear before I can click anything (there seems to be a gap between "Tops" and where the menu appears when I hover, for example). I'm on a 2013 MacBook Pro Retina with OS X 10.9.2, and I've recreated the same problem on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

thisstylishlife

Reaction score
We're working on redoing the size chart, and it should be up shortly.

For you, though, I'd recommend either a Before Dinner size Large or an After Dinner size Medium. Compared to your Gitman shirt, the After Dinner will feel similar, while the Before Dinner Large will be slightly shorter and slightly slimmer in the sleeves (although likely not as slim as your Naked & Famous shirt).

Also remember we have an excellent exchange policy, and we'll always work to make sure you have a shirt you're happy with.

I would say the spread collar shirts are appropriate for a suit, but might be a little too casual for the most formal of occasions, although it does depend on the specific fabric. The collar shape is good and is designed to be worn either with, or without, a tie.

I'm a little embarrassed (and always have been) that both buttons are buttoned on the suit -- they're definitely not designed that way. We'll be fixing it when we reshoot! Sometimes small details can get lost in the hustle and bustle of photo shoots.
Thanks Bot for the detailed reply, you guys have really excellent customer interaction. And thanks for the honest reply about the buttons, sorry to bring it up, just wasn't sure if you guys were attempting something new. I know you're talking about updates to the site. I'd love to see more details and specifics on the products such as what fabrics they are etc.

WvGBot

Reaction score
Llama shirt

Looks great! Thanks for your support.
Just got a rewards membership - super excited. Shame I missed out on the red anchor picnic shirt, though. Will I be emailed instructions for pre-orders and such?

Also, I'm having some trouble with the top drop-down menus - they disappear before I can click anything (there seems to be a gap between "Tops" and where the menu appears when I hover, for example). I'm on a 2013 MacBook Pro Retina with OS X 10.9.2, and I've recreated the same problem on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

Thanks for joining! You definitely won't regret it.

As a rewards member, you'll receive newsletters with information on pre-orders, as well as opportunities to purchase items before they're released to the site.

Hm, that's a strange error - I haven't heard of anyone experiencing that. Could you try clearing your cache and let me know if that helps?
Thanks Bot for the detailed reply, you guys have really excellent customer interaction. And thanks for the honest reply about the buttons, sorry to bring it up, just wasn't sure if you guys were attempting something new. I know you're talking about updates to the site. I'd love to see more details and specifics on the products such as what fabrics they are etc.

Happy to help! Thanks for the feedback - we're definitely going to try to have more detailed product descriptions.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fun stuff has been delivered!!! I will be posting a lot of stuff this week. I will also release a newsletter this week to keep all rewards members up to speed.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bonobo

Reaction score

I had the same issue with the drop down menus. Strange fix but I actually just zoomed out a tiny bit and the webpage aligned itself, enabling those links. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads