• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicker245

Reaction score

It's a shame. The Before Dinner fit is great, but there are a lot of slim shirts out there - I think the After Dinner is really special because it's a 'regular' fit with great shape and a good drape. 

I love the AD fit, I just wished you offered more shirts in it!

thisstylishlife

Reaction score
Maybe Mauro can answer these questions, or someone else on here with some WvG experience, thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm blind, but I can't find a size chart for anything on the site. I wear GBV oxfords in a size medium and that's about as slim as I'd want to go in the chest and body. My Naked and Famous slim oxford is a size large and the arms are too tight to role. What size/cut would you suggest?

How are the spread collar shirts, are they more of a fine poplin rather than the oxford cloth? Do they work well with suit and tie or are they more casual? None of the site pics show what they look like buttoned all the way up.

And, sorry if this has been asked before, but why are both buttons done up on all of the suits? Is this the intended design?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe Mauro can answer these questions, or someone else on here with some WvG experience, thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm blind, but I can't find a size chart for anything on the site. I wear GBV oxfords in a size medium and that's about as slim as I'd want to go in the chest and body. My Naked and Famous slim oxford is a size large and the arms are too tight to role. What size/cut would you suggest?

How are the spread collar shirts, are they more of a fine poplin rather than the oxford cloth? Do they work well with suit and tie or are they more casual? None of the site pics show what they look like buttoned all the way up.

And, sorry if this has been asked before, but why are both buttons done up on all of the suits? Is this the intended design?

Size chart is a bit all over the place at the moment. It shows up for some thing and not other so it confusing. I wear a ssmall in most brands for tops, including Gitman, and I wear a small in WvG AD shirts for reference.

If the AD fit came with a box pleat I'd be all over it

I can't stand box pleats so I'm actually happy that Mauro doesn't use them. Box pleats look especially bad on a non-darted/slim shirt like the AD shirts or similar because it creates an ugly billowing effect rather than a clean line down the back. Wish the box pleat would just dissapear from men's shirting.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If the AD fit came with a box pleat I'd be all over it

I don't use box pleats for a reason. A box pleat is basically a dart or it's suppose to be. I use darts instead. In the case of the AD the shirt is already slim. The box pleat would serve no purpose other than a visual effect. I personally don't like them. However if enough people wanted a box pleat I would make a shirt or two for those people.

Today's blog will make you think a little, not to much but enough.

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog/12719877-why-shorts-should-cost-as-much-pants

WvGBot

Reaction score

I'm not sure if I'm blind, but I can't find a size chart for anything on the site. I wear GBV oxfords in a size medium and that's about as slim as I'd want to go in the chest and body. My Naked and Famous slim oxford is a size large and the arms are too tight to role. What size/cut would you suggest?

We're working on redoing the size chart, and it should be up shortly.

For you, though, I'd recommend either a Before Dinner size Large or an After Dinner size Medium. Compared to your Gitman shirt, the After Dinner will feel similar, while the Before Dinner Large will be slightly shorter and slightly slimmer in the sleeves (although likely not as slim as your Naked & Famous shirt).

Also remember we have an excellent exchange policy, and we'll always work to make sure you have a shirt you're happy with.

I would say the spread collar shirts are appropriate for a suit, but might be a little too casual for the most formal of occasions, although it does depend on the specific fabric. The collar shape is good and is designed to be worn either with, or without, a tie.

I'm a little embarrassed (and always have been) that both buttons are buttoned on the suit -- they're definitely not designed that way. We'll be fixing it when we reshoot! Sometimes small details can get lost in the hustle and bustle of photo shoots.

WvGBot

Reaction score
And lots of Before Dinner Monkey Arms?
smile.gif

That's the plan!

But remember that preorders are guaranteed (hint hint...)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Awesome, glad to hear it. I prefer pre-orders anyway, since I get to hem and haw over the options a little bit and pick exactly what I want instead of digging through the web site and maybe settling for a second choice because my size is sold out for my first choice.

Couple of questions:

- I think Mauro mentioned at some point that it wasn't a big deal to add 1" of sleeve and/or body length to a shirt. Does this hold for all pre-orders or just for special-run fabrics?
- Will the next round of chinos still be zipper fly, or are button fly models on the horizon?

Thanks!

Kap120

Reaction score
Kind of new to this, but do we get an e-mail or something to let us know pre-orders are available? Also, similar to what notwithit asked - could we instead shave a couple inches off the sleeves on pre-orders?

Thanks!

stafa

Reaction score
Kind of new to this, but do we get an e-mail or something to let us know pre-orders are available? Also, similar to what notwithit asked - could we instead shave a couple inches off the sleeves on pre-orders?

Thanks!

Preorders and such are available for the rewards members.

WvGBot

Reaction score
Awesome, glad to hear it. I prefer pre-orders anyway, since I get to hem and haw over the options a little bit and pick exactly what I want instead of digging through the web site and maybe settling for a second choice because my size is sold out for my first choice.

Couple of questions:

- I think Mauro mentioned at some point that it wasn't a big deal to add 1" of sleeve and/or body length to a shirt. Does this hold for all pre-orders or just for special-run fabrics?
- Will the next round of chinos still be zipper fly, or are button fly models on the horizon?

Thanks!

There are some additional sizing options that can be made on pre-orders. Send us an email when placing an order with the details of what you'd like done, and we can discuss if it's a possibility. For any significant changes to the pattern, we do have very affordable made-to-measure, which might be a great option, especially if you're close to the DC area.

The next run of chinos (the $110 chinos we've been talking about that will be arriving soon) will be zip fly, but future chinos will have both zip fly and button fly options. We're working on the pattern changes now.

Thanks!

Pre-orders are only available to our Rewards Members, and with pre-orders you can have some sleeve length subtracted. Pre-orders are announced through our newsletters.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro will the next chino run 110.00 be a light weight summer chino or is it a mid weight one you can wear all year round?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mauro will the next chino run 110.00 be a light weight summer chino or is it a mid weight one you can wear all year round?

The run dropping at the end of this month should be around $110.00 and it's a sanded canvas that you can wear all year around. The light weight supima cotton is for the bloodline trouser.
The next run of chinos will be a light weight poplin but I think massdrop is taking all the units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads