• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fit is very similar to the Gio Skinny. I usually don't give forgiveness in the waist. I am a 35 in the Italian " predator" and a 35 in the American Predator. The Italian predator is for fact slimmer. I like it a lot. I like the sizing a lot.
If you have questions about fit or are on the fence about sizing please contact si-jin. Her email is [email protected] then we can take care of all your fit questions.
I am sticking with this fit. It's a great silhouette. I will give it another name. The rise is low and the chino is skinny for sure. If you have big legs this pant is not for you, period.

If you have big legs you want the Paul. If you have average legs the "American " predator will treat you right. The Italian predator is much more aggressive with the low rise , slim thigh, and knee.

If you already purchased a chino and don't like the fit you can always return it. We can find you your proper size or refund you. It's that simple.

Best,

Mauro

Why don't you call the Italian predator something else to avoid confusion that will undoubtedly come with having 2 "predators"?

aibnsamin

Reaction score
@Mauro just wanted to add the indigo chinos to my cart for when I eventually get them. If they're made public, that'll work for me too!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why don't you call the Italian predator something else to avoid confusion that will undoubtedly come with having 2 "predators"?

We are one step in head of your the Italian predator is called the "Enzo".

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We are one step in head of your the Italian predator is called the "Enzo".

Out of curiosity Mauro, do you plan on releasing anything in the Justin fit? Or have you retired it in favor of Paul and Predator?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Out of curiosity Mauro, do you plan on releasing anything in the Justin fit? Or have you retired it in favor of Paul and Predator?

I think there has been a lot of confusion about bodies and fits. I had a really long talk today with my production manager in Italy.
We are making a series of changes so that you the customer have an easier time understanding the brand.
There will be three fits in trousers-

Enzo- the slimmest

Predator- slim

Paul - Regular

In the past we had names for the same bodies with different features. Like the Paul and Justin. Those two styles were the same. As was Predator and Riviera. Now we will have three fits. All the size charts will be in CM not inches. This way there won't be confusion with the patterns, production, and you.

For shirts we are simplifying the bodies to slim and regular. We will do away with Before Dinner and After Dinner. Going forward it will be simple. Right off the bat you will see "slim" and know it's slim. If a new customer comes to the site Before Dinner , After Dinner , and monkey arms just confuse people.
I know some people won't like it but over all it will make the shopping experience better for everyone.

Blazer , suits, knits, etc..... will all be given names with proper copy. I think everyone will enjoy the new website and product and if for some odd reason something doesn't catch a person eye the copy will be direct , thorough , and simple so that you don't have to be an "insider" or have to follow the blog or this thread to understand what's going on.

The copy will be short and sweet. The details in the clothing and the superior fabrics , fit, and construction will speak for themselves.

I hope this helps. You will see a few items trickle in this month and next and then there will be an explosion of luxury products for Summer and ( knock on wood) for the first time ever Fall'16 will be on time and items will be ready in July and August.

Rewards members exclusive will produced every month as long as we can meet the minimums. Usually is 25 pieces for shirts. I don't think that's to much considering there is 1,000 rewards members.

The rewards membership is still open. Now is a good time to join. Lot's of very nice items dropping including office and dress wear.
Once everything is completed I will reach out to the MC side and actually do formal marketing on SF as well as some other nice menswear blogs. That should start happening once the shoe pics are ready.

I hope this helps and clarifies things.

Best,

Mauro

jmaudi0

Reaction score
been a rewards member for a few years now and never had trouble following your sizing or naming conventions (but I also follow this thread pretty closely).

with that being said, streamlining the product names and making the website clear is a HUUUUUGE step in the right direction. looking forward to the changes!

rayrayray

Reaction score
@Mauro Hey Mauro, this has probably already been stated before but when will the oxfords be ready for shipment? I realize that you have alot on your plate and your products are amazing. I'd rather have the wolfVSgoat quality than anything lesser.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been a rewards member for a few years now and never had trouble following your sizing or naming conventions (but I also follow this thread pretty closely).

with that being said, streamlining the product names and making the website clear is a HUUUUUGE step in the right direction. looking forward to the changes!
I've been a member for almost a year now but I completely agree. Glad to see Mauro streamlining his fits down to a standard sizing convention.

taint it sweet

Reaction score
Glad we'll have stuff for big thighs. Next, some underwear with 8" inseams and big thighs. I like the fit of the AD stuff, but I can see why you're going with different names for mainstream, although I didn't like the uniqueness of the descriptions.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone with the new chinos let me know if it is possible to let the legs out at all? Just noticed this was possible on my bloodline chinos. Wondering if it is the case with the Enzo chinos as well.

janoy89

Reaction score
Weren't there plans to have a third shirt fit or was it scrapped? I think it was supposed to be like an After Dinner but with darts.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Website navigation question - when I go to the site (on desktop) I choose to Filter by Size (Medium) and Body Style (Before-Dinner).

Ideally, it'd be great if the Filter results showed Medium / Before-Dinner shirts that were available to purchase. But when I perform this filter, this is not the case, and it's a huge pain to click through every shirt I'm interested in to see if it's even available.

Does everyone else experience this, and does anyone find it to be a pain? I know for myself, I just lose patience with seeing what's available in my size as there are so many shirts to click through that I'm interested in. Knowing what's available to purchase would defintiely (for me at least) potentially increase my purchases with WvG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dia Masoud