• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jerkstore

Reaction score
The RMC navy chinos did not do me any justice and kind of confirmed the straight fits aren’t my thing. Just moving from a 7” Momotaro to a 7.8” iron heart was a jump. Although my overdyed camo pants have a 8” hem they are pretty slim compared to other versions. 🤷‍♂️

Cobra

Reaction score
Shot in the dark here, but does anyone have any experience with the Toys McCoy engineer boots? There isn’t a ton of information other than that they’re Goodyear welted, oiled latigo leather, and cats paw half sole. They also have a very attractive shape and black stitching (I believe meant to replicate the old Chippewas that Brando allegedly wore in the The Wild Ones)

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Another j-pro-adjacent brand, but I've recently found renewed interest in Ten c. I own several jackets and liners from them and have sold a few as well. My present fixation is whether or not I want a parka or a shearling liner (to replace the one I sold). The Buddhist therapist in me tells me to enjoy the jackets I own.

(The Ten c thread is very dead).
I've always dreamed of one of their parkas but to me that price gets in to leather jacket territory! About a decade i read somewhere that their OJJ fabric is identical or at least quite similar to what Bentley used for their convertibles? No idea how true that is but it's good word of mouth marketing!!

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Could someone help with Orslow fatigue pants - is there a difference between Orslow army fatigue and just normal fatigue ? I see different listings on End.com and army fatigue seems more expensive but I can’t work out what the difference is. I’m after a slim fit cut but wondered if “army” is preferable!
Zoom in and look at the matierial one is probably a ripstop and the other the normal sateen

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always dreamed of one of their parkas but to me that price gets in to leather jacket territory! About a decade i read somewhere that their OJJ fabric is identical or at least quite similar to what Bentley used for their convertibles? No idea how true that is but it's good word of mouth marketing!!

The price is eyewatering, truly. I read that regarding Bentley as well. I also read (here on Styfo, from Derek) that the patent on the material expired after a couple years. So other brands are supposedly using it (Timberland was mentioned). However, can't say that the same thing is provided anywhere else on the market.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer any chance you have handled the Fullcount 1101? I've been sitting deciding between those or the Resolute 714 for the past month and can't make up my mind

I have not, unfortunately. Looking at the 1101s they look to be about the same, lighter weight but have a much wider leg (at least in my size). The topic block also appears tighter, although have to see the back rise to determine comparison to 714.

The 714s are doing well. I've put them through the machine once thus far (cold wash with a hang dry). Minimal to no loss in length. The waist stretches out a fair amount with wear, although personally I wouldn't size down to account for that.

Lightjackets

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post here. Glad to join the community.

Here’s my question. I’m searching for a type ii denim jacket and have eyed the TCB 50s as a real possibility, but I’m completely confused about sizing. The TCB website suggests the best size for me would be a size 50, while a site like Bears Japan leads me to believe a 44 would be best. I’d obviously lean towards TCB’s sizing of their own product, except I just watched a YouTube video reviewing the jacket where a guy mentions having a size 41inch chest (same as me) and he’s wearing a size 44. So long story short, does anyone own the jacket and have thoughts on this?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my first post here. Glad to join the community.

Here’s my question. I’m searching for a type ii denim jacket and have eyed the TCB 50s as a real possibility, but I’m completely confused about sizing. The TCB website suggests the best size for me would be a size 50, while a site like Bears Japan leads me to believe a 44 would be best. I’d obviously lean towards TCB’s sizing of their own product, except I just watched a YouTube video reviewing the jacket where a guy mentions having a size 41inch chest (same as me) and he’s wearing a size 44. So long story short, does anyone own the jacket and have thoughts on this?
Welcome! So if we are talking about LOT.001XXJ DENIM JACKET - STOCK NO.MJ18030 then I can help you with sizing as I have that jacket. Tell us your hight and weight so we can help you with sizing. It also depends on your body type. I always go more by shoulder measurements and don't really care so much about chest measurements because I have broader shoulders.

Also I don't really understand where did you see size 50? Their sizes for that jacket are 36-44 so only by your chest size I would say you need 36 or 38.

Lightjackets

Reaction score
Welcome! So if we are talking about LOT.001XXJ DENIM JACKET - STOCK NO.MJ18030 then I can help you with sizing as I have that jacket. Tell us your hight and weight so we can help you with sizing. It also depends on your body type. I always go more by shoulder measurements and don't really care so much about chest measurements because I have broader shoulders.

Also I don't really understand where did you see size 50? Their sizes for that jacket are 36-44 so only by your chest size I would say you need 36 or 38.
Hi! Thanks for the response. This is the link that goes to size 50, but seems strange to me:

I’m 5’9”, 175lb with a 34 true waist, a 41in chest and prefer shirts with at least 17.5in shoulders. Proportionally, I have short legs and a long torso.

Or, and here’s the link from bears with vastly different measurements:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur