• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cartwright

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on a navy flannel suit (or, navy suits in general)? Not sure if I am a fan of odd navy trousers, but just wondering on the ability to split the suit up to be worn as odds (e.g. gray pants, navy blazer).

Last edited:

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Will the $598 price remain?

Yes, the price point for these is $598 USD / $798 CAD.

@SpierTeam Are corduroy shirts still coming? Wasn’t that talked about?

It was something that we were considering, but unfortunately no corduroy shirts for this season. However, it is definitely something we would like to revisit in the future.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the thoughts on a navy flannel suit (or, navy suits in general)? Not sure if I am a fan of odd navy trousers, but just wondering on the ability to split the suit up to be worn as odds (e.g. gray pants, navy blazer).
That’s absolutely possible depending on whether or not the jacket is styled in a more casual way such as having patch pockets as opposed to flops. The Navy VBC blazer suit in flannel is perfect for that and I plan on wearing just the jacket with grey trousers.

Cartwright

Reaction score
That’s absolutely possible depending on whether or not the jacket is styled in a more casual way such as having patch pockets as opposed to flops. The Navy VBC blazer suit in flannel is perfect for that and I plan on wearing just the jacket with grey trousers.
Thanks - I was thinking of the VBC navy neo blazer, so good to hear it'll work. Just at odds whether I get the trousers as well (I have the Botto grays) to make a full suit, or if I skip the navy trousers in lieu of a different colour (e.g. brown, another grey, etc.)

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the full suit just for versatility sake since I wear suits more often than SC’s and trousers. But I don’t really plan on wearing the trousers by themselves.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&M Medium Grey Flannel Blazer Suit with S&M MTM shirt.
0DA2D13C-2ABC-4B2E-968A-954CF74C6C05.jpeg
6BD3A006-41FD-446E-BF3E-A91E931966F6.jpeg

dluce76

Reaction score
I have last year's non-neo. I don't break it up as I have other navy blazers, but I do think that the buttons add a lot to the suit v separates discussion. While a subtle detail, dark brown or charcoal/grey/black buttons will make it look more formal, even with patch pockets IMHO.

If using it as a blazer, I'd get the stock buttons swapped out for a mid brown or mixed tan/black horn. Something with a brighter color that dresses it down.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SpierTeam an athletic cut with more thigh room and a bit more of a hem opening would be reeeal nice for dress trousers.

I find the contemporary trousers a little too snug in the lower leg to drape cleanly, and I’m hardly what you’d call “athletic” at 5’10” 145 lb. Wish there were more fabric inlay in the seams to allow for widening the trousers more.

Have considered MTO but sizing up from 30 to 32 only yields a very small increase in hem opening (15.5 to 15.7 IIRC). Can’t go to 34 because the waist is too large unfortunately.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the contemporary trousers a little too snug in the lower leg to drape cleanly, and I’m hardly what you’d call “athletic” at 5’10” 145 lb. Wish there were more fabric inlay in the seams to allow for widening the trousers more.

Have considered MTO but sizing up from 30 to 32 only yields a very small increase in hem opening (15.5 to 15.7 IIRC). Can’t go to 34 because the waist is too large unfortunately.
I'm the exact same weight/height with the exact same issue!

APF_TO

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed. I didn’t see any recent commentary on the subject.

What’s the difference between the MTM (in store only) suits and the ones available MTO online? It looks like you can make adjustments to the fit on the MTO pieces, so is the MTM just more flexible?

From the website’s FAQ:
Our MTM suit program is only available in-store at this time. However, we do have a Made-To-Order (MTO) program available on our website, which allows you to order a custom garment in a fabric and stock size of your choice. You can also make minor adjustments to the stock measurements, as well as choose style details such as the lapels, pockets, etc.

The FAQ only mentions suits. Are there MTM sport coats in-store, or only the MTO online?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads