• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
Has anyone else found the cuffs on the LS polos to be a bit too wide in circumference? I like how form-fitting the shirt is, but compared to how snug it sits on my forearm, the cuff seems disproportionately big. Could just be my skinny wrists though. For a reference, I wear a 44/44L jacket, weight right around 200 lbs, and got the XL LS polo. Curious to hear your thoughts.

feelufo

Reaction score
Has anyone else found the cuffs on the LS polos to be a bit too wide in circumference? I like how form-fitting the shirt is, but compared to how snug it sits on my forearm, the cuff seems disproportionately big. Could just be my skinny wrists though. For a reference, I wear a 44/44L jacket, weight right around 200 lbs, and got the XL LS polo. Curious to hear your thoughts.
I feel the same, but I also feel this way with the other shirts too. I find the cuffs on the extra slim shirts wider than Kamakura despite almost everything else about them being slimmer.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is considerably lighter than dark navy, true to its name - mid blue. I would have liked the color to be more saturated.

Mmm not sure I like how that sounds, kinda wish I could swap for a different color now. Does anyone have a pic of the medium blue merino v neck?

Edit: @saurabh I think I saw an older post where you had purchased a sweater in medium blue? And pics you could share?

Last edited:

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I find them to fit as expected.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was surprised how slim the torso is in comparison to the cuffs as well, though I was surprised how slim the torso was in general. Guess I should have paid closer attention to the measurements! Fits ok, just had in my head a more contemporary fit.

djtracer21

Reaction score
Hello all. I bought this Blue Sharkskin Suit from Spier & Mackay and would like to know your thoughts on the fit. This is a 38S Contemporary Jacket and 32 Slim Pants.
I really love the cut of the suit and the fabric. Great job Spier and Mackay in providing excellent products at a great value!

9FA1191A-FAB3-4598-87CB-FDD8CD5964BA.jpeg

dluce76

Reaction score
Hello all. I bought this Blue Sharkskin Suit from Spier & Mackay and would like to know your thoughts on the fit. This is a 38S Contemporary Jacket and 32 Slim Pants.
I really love the cut of the suit and the fabric. Great job Spier and Mackay in providing excellent products at a great value!

View attachment 1119024
The picture angle makes it tough to really comment. My initial impression is that the jacket is too short and pants rise is too low but hard to know if it isn't just the angle of the picture. Take another picture at eye/chest level.

(Caveat that if you're going for today's short/slim style, this will work fine, that's just not my cup of tea).

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mmm not sure I like how that sounds, kinda wish I could swap for a different color now. Does anyone have a pic of the medium blue merino v neck?

Edit: @saurabh I think I saw an older post where you had purchased a sweater in medium blue? And pics you could share?
I have the medium blue turtle neck, same fabric and color I believe. Would a photo of that help?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surprised how slim the torso is in comparison to the cuffs as well, though I was surprised how slim the torso was in general. Guess I should have paid closer attention to the measurements! Fits ok, just had in my head a more contemporary fit.
the polos, LS polos and sweaters all run slim (tight). I sized up for all of them, with the exception of v-neck and turtle neck sweaters, as a form fit does not flatter this bod.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1119024
That colour is outstanding. And the suit fits beautifully. Keep in mind many on SF are into a more classic, longer-jacket look. But you’ve already said you like the cut of the suit; so do I. Now throw a hankie in the pocket and go wear that thing!

djtracer21

Reaction score
The picture angle makes it tough to really comment. My initial impression is that the jacket is too short and pants rise is too low but hard to know if it isn't just the angle of the picture. Take another picture at eye/chest level.

(Caveat that if you're going for today's short/slim style, this will work fine, that's just not my cup of tea).

Thanks for the reply and appreciate the feedback. My bad on the angle of the photo. This is actually my first ‘Short’ suit and was very skeptical when Sales Consultant insisted I go with Short vs my usual Regular length Jacket. It has grown on me now and it’s actually my cup of tea nowadays.
Is there a rule where the bottom end of the jacket should sit/ end from a length perspective?

djtracer21

Reaction score
That colour is outstanding. And the suit fits beautifully. Keep in mind many on SF are into a more classic, longer-jacket look. But you’ve already said you like the cut of the suit; so do I. Now throw a hankie in the pocket and go wear that thing!

Thanks for the positive feedback Saskatoonjay! Interesting. I would have thought the SF area folks will actually be more open to the current shorter jacket and slimmer look. Totally fair comment on the pocket square! Or to your point a more interesting hankie in the pocket. This suit is awesome with just a white shirt (no tie ), so a pop of colour from the pocket handkerchief will make the look definitely more interesting.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree that it looks a little short. The problem with that is that the short suit jacket with low-rise trousers has long since ceased being the cutting edge of fashion for men. In other words, it's beginning to look hopelessly dated. That doesn't mean that men, traditionally slow to change in terms of fashion, aren't still wearing it. What I think it does mean is that the suit will have a limited life going forward.

The oft repeated rue for jacket length is that it cover your rear at a minimum. However, you have to take into account a lot of other proportions like your overall stature, length of arms, width of hips and shoulders, etc. Achieving good fit is a holistic endeavor that, too often, gets reduced to isolated rules.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and appreciate the feedback. My bad on the angle of the photo. This is actually my first ‘Short’ suit and was very skeptical when Sales Consultant insisted I go with Short vs my usual Regular length Jacket. It has grown on me now and it’s actually my cup of tea nowadays.
Is there a rule where the bottom end of the jacket should sit/ end from a length perspective?
For length I Personally always make sure the jacket covers my rear and thats pretty much the consensus on this forum. The thumb trick can help but honestly isn't the most reliable.

And just to clear up the SF thing, it stands for styleforum and not San Francisco. I was confused as well at first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads