• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Rick, from the photos it seems that with spalla shoulder there is a little bit more shoulder-to-shoulder space than in a regular jacket. Is it the case?
FWIW, when I was in getting measured for MTM, My shoulders were better in a 42 jacket with a regular shoulder, but were better in a 40 in the spalla shoulder.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if it's tough to tell the fit with the wrinkles, I honestly couldn't wait to try it on
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Would love to hear your thoughts on the fit Rick and adjustments that may be required. Do you think it's too tight in the back? Not sure what causes the vertical lines near the shoulders.

Last edited:

OldschoolCut

Reaction score
Sorry if it's tough to tell the fit with the wrinkles, I honestly couldn't wait to try it on
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Would love to hear your thoughts on the fit Rick and adjustments that may be required. Do you think it's too tight in the back? Not sure what causes the vertical lines near the shoulders.

Is this contemporary fit? Thanks.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick - do you have any real life/outdoor photos of the new blue wool/linen check suit other than the one picture on IG?

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Agreed, glad that he's being flexible.  

What kind of fabric options are you looking at for the unbearable heat and humidity of HTX?

I need "staple" suits right now, so I'm looking at year-round fabrics. Definitely going half or quarter lined for the jacket, though. I don't wear suits on a regular basis and probably won't be in Houston forever, otherwise I'd be looking at the frescos or other lightweight, breathable fabrics. If all goes well with my first MTM suit from S&M, I'll definitely be getting a second as well as a navy blazer.

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need "staple" suits right now, so I'm looking at year-round fabrics. Definitely going half or quarter lined for the jacket, though. I don't wear suits on a regular basis and probably won't be in Houston forever, otherwise I'd be looking at the frescos or other lightweight, breathable fabrics. If all goes well with my first MTM suit from S&M, I'll definitely be getting a second as well as a navy blazer.
I'm sure there will be other opinions, but I usually get a full lining in all but the lightest of jackets, and only casual ones at that. I run very hot and dont find a lack of lining to make me any cooler. Additionally, a quarter or half lining, especially in lighter fabircs can often show ridges along the back that I find unsightly. YMMV, but I would maybe think twice before ommitting the lining.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm sure there will be other opinions, but I usually get a full lining in all but the lightest of jackets, and only casual ones at that. I run very hot and dont find a lack of lining to make me any cooler. Additionally, a quarter or half lining, especially in lighter fabircs can often show ridges along the back that I find unsightly. YMMV, but I would maybe think twice before ommitting the lining.

Thanks for the input! I'll reconsider the standard full lining.

dangaa

Reaction score
I just received my order of slim trousers - very happy with the fit. I'll definitely be buying more - can't wait to see what's coming for the next season!

White Lotus

Reaction score

Hey guys! Last month I asked u guys to comment on the fit on my suit from S&M. It was a 36S contemp. fit. I sized up to a 38R in the slim fit. Is the jacket too long on me this time?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads