• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quentin Havana today - my guess is the Quentin will become one of the sought after classics. I was one of the hammer haters at first but I’ve grown to really like this frame

Same for me. Still would prefer the signature JMM pins, but the frame is handsome, classic and refined, in the kind of Fellini and Ichikawa.

obecity

Reaction score
Discovered JMM two days ago and bought the Vendome (the top line screams mustang masculine!) and Julian from the Hollywood gallery. Now I am hunting for a Jax in a black, grey or clear but it seems impossible to find even on the secondary used market - any guidance greatly appreciated!
As one the long time users of this here electronic bulletin board and a respected elder around these parts, I heartily welcome you to our little corner of the World Wide Web! You’ll find a great group of very helpful and friendly fellers here, many of whom have been around since before page 20. ENJOY!

obecity

Reaction score
Here’s a technical question for some of the more industry-sided fellers attending this board:

Is there any harm to either frames or lenses if I have two sets of prescription lenses (with different coatings/tints) that I switch out a few times a year? Does it harm the frames by switching out the lenses? Does it harm the lenses?

bernieleung

Reaction score
As one the long time users of this here electronic bulletin board and a respected elder around these parts, I heartily welcome you to our little corner of the World Wide Web! You’ll find a great group of very helpful and friendly fellers here, many of whom have been around since before page 20. ENJOY!
Thank you! Excited to join this esteemed cult 😊

lovelux2010

Reaction score
You can consider any of the most classic frames: Fellini, Molino, Enzo, Dealan, Devaux, Zephirin, Torino. They are all great looking models, choose one that fits you well.
Thank you. All my current glasses quite similar size and shape as Fellini or Dealan. A few other quetsions if you have the patience:
- Any other brands to try, and where could I find a good selection? i.e. Lunnatterie General look quite nice but I have'nt tried in-person
- I'll try JMM Venice - do they have more selection than online? Online looks like they are sold-out of a lot of hte ones I would want to try
- Do you know how Dealan in Samoa would compare against the Havana in colour? I usually get darkish tortouse shell frames, hard to tell how light or dark the Samoa is onlie

i would have to make a fliht from Vancouver to LA to try on and hunt for frames, so would want to ensure I go to the best stores as wont have a ton of time!

JessBob

Reaction score
Thank you. All my current glasses quite similar size and shape as Fellini or Dealan. A few other quetsions if you have the patience:
- Any other brands to try, and where could I find a good selection? i.e. Lunnatterie General look quite nice but I have'nt tried in-person
- I'll try JMM Venice - do they have more selection than online? Online looks like they are sold-out of a lot of hte ones I would want to try
- Do you know how Dealan in Samoa would compare against the Havana in colour? I usually get darkish tortouse shell frames, hard to tell how light or dark the Samoa is onlie

i would have to make a fliht from Vancouver to LA to try on and hunt for frames, so would want to ensure I go to the best stores as wont have a ton of time!

JMM galleries (like Venice) and JMM webstore have different supply chains, so what might be sold out on online might still be found in galleries and vice versa.

why not explore the authorized retailers in Vancouver? there's a bunch. bought one of my Ichikawa from Durant Sessions

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting dark pink lenses in the Debbie but holding off. My JMM dude talked me into possibly trying out gradient tinted optical lenses that would be close to the original sunglasses tint.

Will post results once I order them and get the lenses.

D32169

Reaction score
thanks. any other stores that would have a good selection of JMM or similar frames?
Reality check: best way to get the latest frames is online. Most stores have been picked over or have frames preordered by their regular customers. There are a few exceptions.

bernieleung

Reaction score
Reality check: best way to get the latest frames is online. Most stores have been picked over or have frames preordered by their regular customers. There are a few exceptions.

Any advice on super old releases like the Jax? I posted on the buy/sell thread already - the search is proving exceedingly difficult & I would be happy to pay a premium but don’t know where/who to look for

D32169

Reaction score
Any advice on super old releases like the Jax? I posted on the buy/sell thread already - the search is proving exceedingly difficult & I would be happy to pay a premium but don’t know where/who to look for
Some of those “good ones” that disappear from the stores and website occasionally do reappear. But any good shopper knows you have to keep looking (shopping). Check those sites often.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You could also consider the Julien, very similar to the Jax.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElinaRaupi