• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, would like some input from all of you, and Rick of course.

Looking for some lightweight shirts to be worn under SC's this summer (actually need them by April). MTM only. Looking for good humid weather options business appropriate, worn with or without tie.

I'm thinking of ordering these tell me if there is anything else you'd recommend. I have basics whites, down. Maybe add an end on end, or poplin?

Light Blue Pencil Stripe - Monti

Blue Coxton Stripe - Monti

Medium Blue Bengal - TM

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

serious question: do people wear popovers with ties?!

Serious answer: no.

At least they really shouldn't.

I see very little difference between wearing a tie with a popover and a tie with a polo shirt.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is one of the new Linen shirts under production.

We've updated the interlining in the collar. Made is a bit softer and it maintains its shape better. This one is in Coral.

thetallone

Reaction score
I'm digging that coral.

@spiermackay do you have any suggestions for a white custom cloth for a tuxedo shirt? Do you have any cloth from your "ultimate white shirt" [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]MT-1231 [/COLOR]available for custom?

On a separate note, I love the texture/softness of the bleecker slate blue melange fabric RY-1260. Is the grey melange RY-1306 the same fabric in a different color?

Many thanks!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm digging that coral.

@spiermackay do you have any suggestions for a white custom cloth for a tuxedo shirt? Do you have any cloth from your "ultimate white shirt" [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]MT-1231 [/COLOR]available for custom?

On a separate note, I love the texture/softness of the bleecker slate blue melange fabric RY-1260. Is the grey melange RY-1306 the same fabric in a different color?

Many thanks!

Are you looking for a plain shirt or one with a pleated or bib front?

The Gray Melange is pretty much the same cloth as the Blue. Not exactly the same, but close.

linds_15

Reaction score

Plain white tuxedo shirt, no bib please

recently ordered a few tuxedo shirts from Spier, i did the premium white poplin, one "normal" shirt, one with a plain bib and one with a pleated bib. I have so far received the pleated bib and its great!

scatterbrain

Reaction score
recently ordered a few tuxedo shirts from Spier, i did the premium white poplin, one "normal" shirt, one with a plain bib and one with a pleated bib. I have so far received the pleated bib and its great!
Out of sheer curiosity, how does anyone require "a few" tuxedo shirts? Do you attend multiple black tie events per week?

Last edited:

linds_15

Reaction score

Out of sheer curiosity, how does anyone require "a few" tuxedo shirts? Do you attend multiple black tie events per week?

I originally wanted 2, long wedding day + summer wedding meant I was probably going to need to change shirts at some point, probably after photos / before dinner. I ordered a more traditional dress shirt with french cuffs and MOP buttons for my groomsmen (the shirt is passable with a tuxedo and they can get more wear out of in the future) and I ended up getting one of those as well.

scatterbrain

Reaction score

I originally wanted 2, long wedding day + summer wedding meant I was probably going to need to change shirts at some point, probably after photos / before dinner. I ordered a more traditional dress shirt with french cuffs and MOP buttons for my groomsmen (the shirt is passable with a tuxedo and they can get more wear out of in the future) and I ended up getting one of those as well.

Makes sense. For a second I thought you might be a professional philanthropist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads