• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Spier's following along, PLEASE make regular shorts with this inseam (ideally a pinch shorter) in the future! Side tabbed swim trunks are hard no's for me, but would absolutely snap up some regular shorts.

They had regular shorts last year. Probably will come back again.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had regular shorts last year. Probably will come back again.
If memory serves, the inseam was quite a bit longer, which, also a non-starter.
I guess these are meant more for lounging and not actually swimming? To each their own, but side-tabbed swim trunks is a degree of risk I'm not sure I can tolerate. 🤷‍♂️
100% this. If I have ANY need whatsoever for side tabs on swim trunks, they aren't getting used for anything other than plopping into a jacuzzi. Water skiing? Volleyball? Braving the Pacific? No, no, and heck no lol

reidrothchild

Reaction score
All Spier up top today
34F8A1B2-0071-46BB-8690-CB862AF59162.jpeg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% this. If I have ANY need whatsoever for side tabs on swim trunks, they aren't getting used for anything other than plopping into a jacuzzi. Water skiing? Volleyball? Braving the Pacific? No, no, and heck no lol
Can’t speak for the S&M trunks but I have a pair of Orlebar Brown trunks with a snap closure and side tabs. The tabs themselves are not the issue—they stay put. It’s whether the snap is enough (vs a drawstring). So far they are fine for swimming, jumping off a springboard, that kind of stuff. Definitely wouldn’t water ski or swim in rough surf with them though.

St1X

Reaction score
I have a similar swim trunks with side adjusters from Suitsupply - they stay where they should during swimming

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just received the white high-rise jeans. The denim is a fairly loose weave that is soft, but cheap feeling (it’s not a fancy sanforized selvedge from Japan, after all). At least it is fairly thick and opaque.

I ordered my usual Contemporary size. The size on these feels SKINNY! I’m going to check the measurements against the listing to see if these are in spec. After a brief try-on, I don’t think I’d be comfortable in something hugging the highs and calfs like that.

Last edited:

stormboy202

Reaction score
I just received the white high-rise jeans. The denim is a fairly loose weave that is soft, but cheap feeling (it’s not a fancy sanforized selvedge from Japan, after all). At least it is fairly thick and opaque.

I ordered my usual Contemporary size. The size on these feels SKINNY! I’m going to check the measurements against the listing to see if these are in spec. After a brief try-on, I don’t think I’d be comfortable in something hugging the highs and calfs like that.
Echo this - they are indeed more skinny on the thighs. I bought my normal size, and +1 up, and the latter fits better (although, is still slim) in the thighs but is still too large waist wise

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Echo this - they are indeed more skinny on the thighs. I bought my normal size, and +1 up, and the latter fits better (although, is still slim) in the thighs but is still too large waist wise
The tight calves are what will probably lead me to abandon these. Rather disappointing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads