• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blondie87

Reaction score
Anyone know how much you can let out a MTO sport coat? Just received one and it’s a little tight. I’m also currently fatter than my usual weight haha, so once I get more active this spring it’ll be ok but just wanted to know what others experiences were. Would prob only need to let out ~0.5-1” if at all in the future. Next order i’ll definitely build in a little more room in the waist measurement to be safe

JTrent82

Reaction score
Anyone know how much you can let out a MTO sport coat? Just received one and it’s a little tight. I’m also currently fatter than my usual weight haha, so once I get more active this spring it’ll be ok but just wanted to know what others experiences were. Would prob only need to let out ~0.5-1” if at all in the future. Next order i’ll definitely build in a little more room in the waist measurement to be safe
If it's not fully lined you can look at the seams from the interior and see approximately how much fabric is available. I think all of mine have less than an inch in each side seam but that should be enough for your purposes.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Do Drago, Di Pray and Botoli makes nice fabrics? Looking to buy something this sale. How do they compare to each other? Appreciate it

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S$M's, Houndstooth...

20230317_181205.jpg

20230317_181458.jpg

20230317_181606(0).jpg

20230317_181508.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some high twist trousers just dropped, but multiple sizes aren’t available yet. And they’re $250! Seems a little steep…

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Drago, Di Pray and Botoli makes nice fabrics? Looking to buy something this sale. How do they compare to each other? Appreciate it
You'll be fine with any of those. I'd go with whatever design you like

JTrent82

Reaction score
I was excited about the Mac jackets in previews but then this happened...

1679109317462.png

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some high twist trousers just dropped, but multiple sizes aren’t available yet. And they’re $250! Seems a little steep…
Part of suiting. I’d be curious for insights into the mill. I’ve not heard of it prior

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was excited about the Mac jackets in previews but then this happened...

View attachment 1920871
Ew, removing from wish list now lol, maybe it’s meant to be the other way around which would be alright. I find nylon would have been better here than poly.

And that lining material being only half lined and not 100% viscose, kind of disappointing. But I guess a price point had to be stuck to here

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea of they are coming out with more lightweight ocbd? I have their regular one but as mentioned by others, it's just too heavy for warm weather.

Blondie87

Reaction score
If it's not fully lined you can look at the seams from the interior and see approximately how much fabric is available. I think all of mine have less than an inch in each side seam but that should be enough for your purposes.
Thanks, Yea it is fully lined but I thought I felt at least a little bit through the lining.

ScottyK

Reaction score
Any idea of they are coming out with more lightweight ocbd? I have their regular one but as mentioned by others, it's just too heavy for warm weather.
I just got 2 ocbd’s and they are really thick. Pretty nice tho. I thought there were lightweight ones online already.

Do you know if there’s and short sleeve stuff up there or was there last summer?

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of suiting. I’d be curious for insights into the mill. I’ve not heard of it prior
I've not heard of the mill, either. Would be interested in learning more. I do see they've selected a heavier fresco fabric, though, technically, the suit is being advertised as high twist vs. fresco.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads