• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry that some people have had bad experiences with customer service. That's never a good sign for any company really.

But in spite of that, I wanted to shime in with my experience, which have been great everytime. I guess I'm one of the lucky customers. Everytime I reached out to them, they've offered solutions I myself wouldn't even suggest.

On one occasion I had a pair of trousers hemmed 0,5" to short. Not a big deal. I just had them re-hemmed as there was sufficient fabric inside. Spier refunded me the whole cost of the trousers and let me keep them. I'd be satisfied if they offered to re-hem.

On another occasion, I had the same issue but with a MTM suit. They sent me out a new pair for free. Again, I'd be happy if they offered to refund the re-hemming cost.

Another time I had a MTM suit made where I had the trousers and jacket made different seasons. The shade differed significantly. I was aware of the risk and Spier warned me of the risk before I placed the order. However, I felt the difference was too significant upon reception. The fabrics looked too different. I emailed Spier and wanted their input. They refunded the last item (trousers) I purchased, let me keep it AND offered to make me a whole new suit for the same price as the trousers in another equal fabric since the initial fabric I ordered was out of stock.

I purchased a RTW suit but didn't bother to check it upon reception. 8 months after reception, I noticed that the lining in the sleeve was ripped. They immediately asked me to send it back or send it to a tailor. I chose the latter and they refunded me the cost.

Two of my MTM jackets had a minor sewing issue where the front and back panel weren't laid straight to each other when they were sewn together. They asked me to send the jackets back from Europe to Canada at their expense, fixed the jackets and sent them back to me. Everything for free and they offered me an additional store credit for the inconvenience.

UPS, I assume lost my recent order since the package haven't been scanned in 15 days. I reached out to Spier, they immediately suggested that they refund me the whole order without/before even opening a case with UPS. The items in the order are currently out of stock so Spier offered me to place MTO orders but only charge RTW prices if I want to for the same items. And the package with UPS? Well, if it's found and delivered I can gladly keep it apparently.

Those are a handful times where I've been met in a way I couldn't even ask for.

Last edited:

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I'm really sorry that some people have had bad experiences with customer service. That's never a good sign for any company really.

But in spite of that, I wanted to shime in with my experience, which have been great everytime. I guess I'm one of the lucky customers. Everytime I reached out to them, they've offered solutions I myself wouldn't even suggest.

On one occasion I had a pair of trousers hemmed 0,5" to short. Not a big deal. I just had them re-hemmed as there was sufficient fabric inside. Spier refunded me the whole cost of the trousers and let me keep the them.

On another occasion, I had the same issue but with a MTM suit. They sent me out a new pair for free.

Another time I had a MTM suit made where I had the trousers and jacket made different seasons. The shade differed significantly. I was aware of the risk and Spier warned me of the risk before I placed the order. However, I felt the shade was too significant. I emailed Spier and wanted their input. They refunded the last item (trousers) I purchased, let me keep it AND offered to make me a whole new suit in another equal fabric since the other fabric was out of stock for the price of the trousers alone.

I purchased a RTW suit but didn't bother to check it upon reception. 8 months after reception, I noticed that the lining in the sleeve was ripped. They immediately asked me to send it back or send it to a tailor. I chose the latter and they refunded me the cost.

Two of my MTM jackets had a minor sewing issue where the front and back panel weren't laid straight to each other when they were sewn together. They asked me to send the jackets back from Europe to Canada at their expense, fixed the jackets and sent them back to me. Everything for free and they offered me an additional store credit for the inconvenience.

UPS, I assume lost my recent order since the package haven't been scanned in 15 days. I reached out to Spier, they immediately suggested that they refund me the whole order without/before even opening a case with UPS. The items in the order are currently out of stock so Spier offered me to place MTO orders but only charge RTW prices if I want to for the same items. And the oafksge with UPS? Well, if it's found and delivered I can gladly keep it apparently.

Those are a handful times where I've been met in a way I couldn't even ask for.

love S&M, but could this not sound like they also make a lot of mistakes?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love S&M, but could this not sound like they also make a lot of mistakes?
It could. But a hem that's 0,5" off is within reasonable margin. It happened on two occasions and I've probably had 20-25 trousers hemmed.

They didn't have to do what they did when UPS was at fault.

The difference in shade between jacket and trousers with 8 months between the orders wasn't their fault either.

Etc.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM/O sounds spooky enough that I’d probably just stick to SM for RTW, but no complaints whatsoever on that front.
61B7BF9E-44C0-4568-80FD-F44CED5EC416.jpeg

chiggyv

Reaction score
At least 2 of those sound like his mistakes that Spier ended up paying for.

They warned you about the mismatched trousers, and going back on an 8 month old jacket is probably on you.

That's just my opinion but ultimately it goes towards your point that they've gone above and beyond for you.

Unfortunately, that's not a shared experience as I've had issues as well - most seem to revolve around alterations.

thisfits

Reaction score
Does anyone here feel that the cableknit sweaters are a little slim/tight fitting on the arms? It fits well except the arms being a little too snug for a sweater.

This is based on last year's, but the proportions do seem ... different. Taking my normal size, the arms fit fine, but the torso seems a little too wide. By comparison, this year's lattice knit turtlenecks seem proportional across the board.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They warned you about the mismatched trousers, and going back on an 8 month old jacket is probably on you.

That's just my opinion but ultimately it goes towards your point that they've gone above and beyond for you.

Unfortunately, that's not a shared experience as I've had issues as well - most seem to revolve around alterations.
So, the mismatch was a long story short.

Here's the long version: the jacket was a VBC fabric. When I ordered the trousers in the same fabric I was expecting, well, the same fabric. Upon reception the trousers had a significantly different shade. So I took a look inside and the trousers had a Huddersfield tag.

I emailed Spier about the shade difference and the different tag. They thought the shade differed as well especially given the difference in tags and promised to investigate why I had received a Huddersfield pair of trousers instead of VBC. Spier was told that Huddersfield sometimes carries VBC dead stock fabrics and thus the trousers had a Huddersfield tag instead of a VBC tag. Spier were assured that the trousers were indeed VBC fabric. But Spier themselves found this suspect and doubted this piece of information. As such, they offered me what they did without me asking for it. I was just interested in why the difference was so significant and why I had received what I thought was a HMS pair of trousers instead of VBC.

As for the RTW suit, I guess you could say I should've done a quality control upon reception. But it was a seasonal suit and I wasn't planning on wearing it until the next season so I put it away and only checked it later. Nevertheless, it did come with a ripped sleeve lining irrespective of the delayed control on my part.

Hope that clears any question marks.

MrFingers

Reaction score
AB6BCBFE-8910-4313-A8C7-CC0B0174A86E.jpeg
D5A7439C-29F8-49AD-A124-5CC33550D7A4.jpeg

Some of my favorite pickups this season. Green Shetland and brown hopsack. For those of you that have wide shoulders and bigger than avg chest.. you’ll def feel the armhole difference. I usually wear 42R slim but with these new ones I feel the armpits touching the jacket. It’s not exactly a negative but I do notice it. On the upside, because the arms are raised, it creates a smoother silhouette on the body flowing down. I used to need to have the waist taken in, with the new cut, it has a more accentuated waist.

ALSO: If you didn’t know, spier is changing the cut once again for SS. Lowering the armhole by 1 cm. Should be a good middle ground compared to the previous iteration vs this one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads