• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've only been able to see 20 fabrics in the shirt interface for weeks now, and I never got a response to my email asking about it. I assumed they had basically nothing available except those floral prints due to the factory closure situation, but I now realize it's more likely a problem with the interface...

@spiermackay is this a known issue that fabrics aren't showing up for shirts? I just found out that selecting filters shows more, but I'm pretty sure the full offering is more than 20 fabrics.

Edit: found this incredible $698 shirt after messing around for a few minutes

Haven't you heard. We think we're Drake's now....

;) Developers are aware. Working on the fix.

Jason12

Reaction score
shipping calc seems weird. to Australia if I add my MTO sport coat and a carlo basseti mto shirt it is $60 total. However, if I add my mto sport coat and any random shirt MTO it is $40. which is the right one?

edit - ok this was the peach shirt. If I add the light blue shirt instead the shipping is now $40.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celebrating that it hit 90*F yesterday by pulling out this suit for the first time in over a year. Probably my favorite thing S&M has done:
18680061-2E07-476D-9637-5777A63D9596.jpeg
CC3C98E9-7EA1-4385-9105-B1ACEF87B1B6.jpeg
30F7F92B-58FE-4070-920B-13CFECD2246B.jpeg

conak

Reaction score
Haven't you heard. We think we're Drake's now....

;) Developers are aware. Working on the fix.

You blow Drake's away now, even without consideration to their outlandish pricing. Besides always having been a bit troublesome for those of us under 6 foot, Drake's took an aesthetic left turn towards 1990's father who stopped caring and realized he forgot the orange slices for his kids' soccer match:

1620222302627.png

"Ugh, how will I get that mud out of the minivan upholstery?"

But if you really want me to never visit their site again, you could create a Neo version of the Mk I games suit: ultra casual (especially summer) suit that can be thrown in the washing machine. Double-breasted version also welcome.;)

Last edited:

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a new job recently and just found out the dress code is casual. Can wear jeans everyday with sneakers. Hope to see more casual items from Spier :)

Figure out what the median level of dress is and dress one level higher than that. If the majority are in jeans and sneakers, be the guy in linen trousers and suede loafers.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Don't you just hate when you're hoping to see info about new o

You blow Drake's away now, even without consideration to their outlandish pricing. Besides always having been a bit troublesome for those of us under 6 foot, Drake's took an aesthetic left turn towards 1990's father who stopped caring and realized he forgot the orange slices for his kids' soccer match:

View attachment 1604965
"Ugh, how will I get that mud out of the minivan upholstery?"

But if you really want me to never visit their site again, you could create a Neo version of the Mk I games suit: ultra casual (especially summer) suit that can be thrown in the washing machine. Double-breasted version also welcome.;)

Actually working on an unlined/garment washed jacket that can be machine washed. Kind of a Chore sportcoat.

conak

Reaction score
Got a new job recently and just found out the dress code is casual. Can wear jeans everyday with sneakers. Hope to see more casual items from Spier :)

I remember when that happened to me... My solution: start with casual chinos and untucked button-down. Then tuck the button-down in. Then add a very casual jacket. Then casual suits. Then a knit tie. Pretty soon you'll have gone from Bill Gates to Matt Jacobson without anyone noticing.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when that happened to me... My solution: start with casual chinos and untucked button-down. Then tuck the button-down in. Then add a very casual jacket. Then casual suits. Then a knit tie. Pretty soon you'll have gone from Bill Gates to Matt Jacobson without anyone noticing.

I'm local to Spier. So we are in full lockdown #3 until May 20th. Who knows what will happen after that. I would GUESS that MAYBE we will be somewhat back in the office winter or even early 2022.
I'm excited to wear clothing other than basketball shorts and hoodies (WFH) . I think dressing more casual is more fun and challenging than your typical CM type.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is me currently. I still wear my button downs (Chambray, OCBD, etc.) and like the wrinkle resistant sport shirts. Chinos are great and can’t wait for S&M denim to eventually come out, right now it’s just Naked & Famous for me. Guess you can stock up on polos, t shirts, sweatshirts and easy pants now ?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads